Please help me decide between these gorgeous medium flaps

Apr 16, 2010
I have 5 chanel bags (light beige, dark beige, silver, black Gabrielle, and dark blue) but for some reasons I dont have a black classic flap lol. With the crazy price hike, I’ve finally decided to get a black one in medium size. After searching for days, I found these 3 gorgeous babies all at very reasonable price.
Black lambskin with rose gold HW
2B45F8A7-698A-4CBF-A3D7-09E9C6BEAF4C.png

Iridescent purple (stunning)
1C316353-A528-44D3-8471-B4C43EBBE5C5.png
And caviar dove grey with silver HW (my perfect kind of combination)
AFB8CD29-B20D-4CBC-B2F0-F3DDD53D9580.png

My heart really goes for the iridescent one but somehow I feel like I need a black classic flap (also that’s what I wanted to buy at the beginning), I already have a Celine Triomphe and Hermes Evelyne in black…. Its not that I dont have any black bags.

Anyways, please please let me know what you think? Maybe Im destined to not own a black classic flap .

Just so you know this is a very heavy bag - I bought it in the boutique and then had to return it :sad:
Sage advice! I agree wholeheartedly that CFs are heavy.
But to answer the original question, I absolutely love the gray. I love the other two, too, but I think the grey is timeless.
Rose gold is trendy- but if you love it, and you’re still going to love it despite the haters, then ok.
As for the purple- it’s unusual, and visually striking. A head turner, if you will.

Reactions: hiepsiaobong28
Thanks you all so much. This is why I love our forum. I need neither another CF nor another black bag. I was totally happy until the price increase and all of the influencers on IG gave me FOMO. If I get the black bag now, I’ll keep thinking about the perfect grey combination. I just got the Celine last month and there was a price increase today. Imagined I hadn’t got one lol . Really, I need to work on myself, ppl like me are the reasons brands keep having their price increases

I have 5 chanel bags (light beige, dark beige, silver, black Gabrielle, and dark blue) but for some reasons I dont have a black classic flap lol. With the crazy price hike, I’ve finally decided to get a black one in medium size. After searching for days, I found these 3 gorgeous babies all at very reasonable price.
Black lambskin with rose gold HW
View attachment 5740779

Iridescent purple (stunning)
View attachment 5740780
And caviar dove grey with silver HW (my perfect kind of combination)
View attachment 5740781

My heart really goes for the iridescent one but somehow I feel like I need a black classic flap (also that’s what I wanted to buy at the beginning), I already have a Celine Triomphe and Hermes Evelyne in black…. Its not that I dont have any black bags.

Anyways, please please let me know what you think? Maybe Im destined to not own a black classic flap .
I have the exact iridescent blue/purple one, 21A grey with gold hardware and black with gold hardware. Nothing will beat black as your first. You will get the most use out of it, it won’t even be close. Black will work with pretty much most outfits.

The iridescent one (as is the case with most muti-colored iridescent colors) is very, VERY difficult to pair with everyday clothes and so you’re likely to get the least amount of use out of it.

I find gray to be very nuanced and finicky in terms of matching it with others hues. Grey is one of those color categories where you can have more than one shade of it in your collection. Much like pink, gray comes with a variety of undertones, saturation and brightness levels that no one grey will fit all your needs.

If you decide to go with black, make sure rose gold makes sense with your accessories. I personally don’t mind mixing metals but that’s a personal call. Good luck.