Please help me decide between these boys

Which boy

• Dark beige caviar

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Black caviar

Votes: 40 57.1%

• Total voters
True, however I did read somewhere that LS is providing a new "protectant service". Although I'm fully aware of the dangers of color transfer and don't plan on wearing with jeans or black, I may get it don't just for a peace of mind. [emoji3]

Could you wear the bag with light denim like super light? Would that get color transfer? What do you think?

Reactions: Martini0317
Hello! I have a 17P caviar Boy Bag with light gold hardware that I'm trying to return because the caviar is chipping and the light gold hardware is already scratched before I have even worn the bag. The caviar was not chipped when I bought the bag but it has gotten that way from just sitting inside the dust bag on top of the box. If you are someone that's particular about your bags, you might not want to get the 17 season caviar and light gold hardware.

Hello! I have a 17P caviar Boy Bag with light gold hardware that I'm trying to return because the caviar is chipping and the light gold hardware is already scratched before I have even worn the bag. The caviar was not chipped when I bought the bag but it has gotten that way from just sitting inside the dust bag on top of the box. If you are someone that's particular about your bags, you might not want to get the 17 season caviar and light gold hardware.

This sounds like an isolated incident opposed to all 17p caviar boy bags. I have absolutely no issues with mine.

Is there really an issue with this 17P boy caviar?? I am also worry if the leather will just chipped off since there were so many cases. although I have checked the leather which was in good condition but not sure did I check thoroughly as it is black and difficult to scrutinise in details :frown:

Is there really an issue with this 17P boy caviar?? I am also worry if the leather will just chipped off since there were so many cases. although I have checked the leather which was in good condition but not sure did I check thoroughly as it is black and difficult to scrutinise in details :frown:

I don't think so....it's extremely hard to understand how hardware "magically" scratches its self untouched. Again, I have not one issue with mine.

I don't think so....it's extremely hard to understand how hardware "magically" scratches its self untouched. Again, I have not one issue with mine.

Hello! I agree that hardware cannot magically scratch itself. [emoji23] Some friction is required. I believe this friction was provided by the dust bag and also by touching the clasp when opening and closing the bag. I haven't seen anyone else state that they have the same scratching issue but I have seen comments regarding fingerprints and caviar chipping. There are several threads regarding issues with the 17 season caviar in general and some of those reference caviar chipping. [emoji2]

Hello! I agree that hardware cannot magically scratch itself. [emoji23] Some friction is required. I believe this friction was provided by the dust bag and also by touching the clasp when opening and closing the bag. I haven't seen anyone else state that they have the same scratching issue but I have seen comments regarding fingerprints and caviar chipping. There are several threads regarding issues with the 17 season caviar in general and some of those reference caviar chipping. [emoji2]

So you're saying a soft dust bag scratched the hardware? Or poor storage? Finger prints maybe inevitable, and I've only seen TWO people, who btw used their bags, say they noticed a small chip. [emoji16] I would still venture to say that these scenarios are isolated incidents and NOT a flaw of the ENTIRE batch of 17p boy bags.[emoji3] Wishing you luck with your return. [emoji3]

I have used Collonil Waterston on light colored Balenciaga bags with great results - NO damage to the bag, great protection! But I actually do like the black caviar boy better, even tho I usually gravitate toward light colored bags.