Please help me decide between the stud or mesh rocker or bf for a going out bag.

dustgirl

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
BC
Feb 21, 2008
CT
Hmmm...tough one. I have them all (except my Olive BF clutch is suede, I have 5 other BF clutches as well though).

For going out, the Mesh Rocker is really blingy...a GREAT New Year's Eve bag or if you like a lot of sparkle. The studded Rocker is great, I have it with both gold and gunmetal studs...the gunmetal studded Rocker is much more understated than the gold studded version.

As for style, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the BF clutch! But for a going out bag you might want something more sparkly like the Mesh Rocker.

And so to recap...I have been absolutely NO help whatsoever! :P I really like them all, but again, style-wise my favorite is the BF clutch. But I do love my Mesh Rocker and studded Rockers as well!

The studded Rocker and the BF clutch would be much more versatile for you...OK, that was helpful! :biggrin:

sandc

likes giraffes
Sep 16, 2009
BF Clutch.

The mesh rocker is just not my style. A little too blingy for me. Good for NYE, but that's about it for me. The studded rocker is nice, I just prefer the BF clutch.

dustgirl

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
BC
I've wanted a rocker for the longest time and love how understated the gunmetal is, but while I was searching online for sales, etc... I stumbled across the BF clutch at full price, but am so tempted! :biggrin: Ah! So hard to choose!

Feb 21, 2008
CT
The Mesh Rocker looks really good with black (which is why I bought it since I wear a lot of black), but honestly of your 3 choices it's the one I would rule out since I don't think you'd get as much use out of it.

The studded Rocker is more of a going out bag, but the BF clutch is a great everyday bag that can easily be used as a night out bag due to it's smaller size!

I think you'd be happy with either one...but a sale, huh, that's pretty hard to pass up esp. compared to a full priced bag!

dustgirl

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
BC
Yeah, I think I've pretty much ruled out the mesh. It's pretty, but it would only be a NYE or clubbing bag for me. Now I've found the olive BF for 60% off. Definitely leaning that way now. This will be my 2nd RM purchased in as many days!!

Feb 21, 2008
CT
OK, if you found the BF Clutch on sale, then that's the one that gets my vote! :yes: I really like the brass hw with the Olive bags...and it's a roomier bag than the Rocker.

You'll get a LOT of use out of it both day and night! :tup:

Clutched

The HHHOt Sub!
Jun 26, 2009
Prep School
Is that the glazed olive BF? (looks so awesome w/ that leopard cardi/jacket!) I've been eying that one. I think the BF would hold everything you'd need for a night out, and depending on what you want to carry, the Rocker might not be enough. That said, if you can only get one, and you want a 'party' bag, I think the mesh Rocker is awesome. Stud Rocker would be cool too.

babypinkcupcake

Fun Sized Minkette
Nov 28, 2008
Las Vega$
I looove the olive BF! SO CUTE! gahhh green bags with gold hardware is :heart:!
I do like the studded rocker though, but its a little plain IMO for going out, its just very simple you know? but if you like simplicity on bags I'd say go for that one :smile: I personally prefer the look of the BF clutch, I like the military-inspired details, and I think it looks soo cute with the leopard jacket she's wearing!

mockinglee

Piemaker
O.G.
May 17, 2007
The Pie Hole
I love the Mesh Rocker but I think the studded one is more versatile! And I do love the BF, but if you're only getting one I would go for the stud Rocker. It can be dressed up or down, plus you can take the strap off and use it as a clutch.

dustgirl

O.G.
Mar 27, 2007
BC
I waited too long to order the studded rocker. Placed an endless order for the BF clutch and am just waiting on my confirmation! I'm still going to keep a look out for a studded rocker in black/gunmetal. I have a MAC already on its way to me, but I feel like all three styles are different enough to justify. LOL! :smile:

Clutched

The HHHOt Sub!
Jun 26, 2009
Prep School
^I ordered the BF too, dustgirl! Your thread helped enable me! (and looking at all of MAGJES' mod shots w/ her BF's) :biggrin: We'll be purse twins. Hope this olive is 'green' enough for me. Can't wait to try out the BF style; I saw one IRL in Saks and it was awesome.