Please help me decide between baby blue patent CWC or black perfect edge flap

jes_y89

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
I am at the dilemma of choosing the bag I want! I got the baby blue CWC 3 weeks ago and I still don't have chance to carry it! I saw the perfect edge flap (medium one for the price of $3300!) online and I really like the design however I think my SA can only find me the black color for that size! I can't decide if I should still keep my CWC or exchange to black perfect edge! I love both of them but I can only choose one! Here is the pictures for the bags and please share your thoughts!

Thanks

Attachments

BigAkoya

O.G.
Nov 23, 2006
Hi, of your two choices, I do not like the CWC style at all and would keep the perfect edge. But let me explain why.

The CWC tries to look like a classic but it's not.. it's a cheap version of the classic in my opinion. There are cost savings measures everywhere you look at that bag. It has a very thin chain, not like the sturdier classic chain. The chain is so thin that if you stuff it, you may risk breaking it. The quilting is also not classic Chanel quilting.
Now... about the shape of the bag. The bag is very thin and has no depth, so you really can't put a lot of things in it. And if you do put things in it, it will just bulk up because the bag is so flat with no depth that it will distort the shape of the bag. Since you have the bag, try stuffing it.. it bulges and there's nothing worse looking than a stuffed bag all contorted. The chain is also too short to me. The bag falls under the armpit and doesn't look good. It actually makes a person's upper arms look fat in my opinion. And finally, the quilts on the pocket on the back do no line up. Very not cool and cheap looking.

This bag is a great price point for those who want a copy of the classic flap. But honestly, it is no where near the quality, the look, and class of the classic. I think if you want a classic and bought the CWC to get the look of a classic, get the real thing. There is no subtitute, honestly. But, if you want a seasonal bag for the look/price point, get the perfect edge flap.

My humble honest opinion. I hope this helps.

bunnyr

100jellybeans
Jul 17, 2012
willeyi said:
Hi, of your two choices, I do not like the CWC style at all and would keep the perfect edge. But let me explain why.

The CWC tries to look like a classic but it's not.. it's a cheap version of the classic in my opinion. There are cost savings measures everywhere you look at that bag. It has a very thin chain, not like the sturdier classic chain. The chain is so thin that if you stuff it, you may risk breaking it. The quilting is also not classic Chanel quilting.
Now... about the shape of the bag. The bag is very thin and has no depth, so you really can't put a lot of things in it. And if you do put things in it, it will just bulk up because the bag is so flat with no depth that it will distort the shape of the bag. Since you have the bag, try stuffing it.. it bulges and there's nothing worse looking than a stuffed bag all contorted. The chain is also too short to me. The bag falls under the armpit and doesn't look good. It actually makes a person's upper arms look fat in my opinion. And finally, the quilts on the pocket on the back do no line up. Very not cool and cheap looking.

This bag is a great price point for those who want a copy of the classic flap. But honestly, it is no where near the quality, the look, and class of the classic. I think if you want a classic and bought the CWC to get the look of a classic, get the real thing. There is no subtitute, honestly. But, if you want a seasonal bag for the look/price point, get the perfect edge flap.

I concur lol! I couldn't have have said it better! It's a waste of money to buy, as willeyi said, a look-alike Chanel classic because the quality of material and craftsmanship level is not comparable... Yet you're still paying a large amount of money. Seasonal bags should be unique, not copies of an icon. I would exchange. :smile:

llykidis

Apr 6, 2012

Well said!!

Fahrina

Chanel Cat?
Aug 27, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

WORD! :afrocool:

tutushopper

❤️ Lambskin Lover ❤️
Apr 13, 2012
I think due to how the two bags are made, you would get more use from the perfect edge than the CWC. Like others have said, you can't get much into Chanel's CWC, so you'd probably not carry it as often. You have had the CWC for a couple of weeks now and admit you've not had the chance to use it yet, so you may have answered your own question. Best of luck deciding!

jes_y89

O.G.
Jul 16, 2007
Thanks so much everyone! You really help me make up mind, I will do the exchange tomorrow!! ^.^