please help me decide between alma pm & mm!!

Jun 24, 2006
hi! i'm looking for a bag to carry to dinner/movies. is the mm too big? i'm 5'7''. sometimes the pm looks too small. i really want the vernis in amarante. but cannot decide between these 2 sizes... my current bag is the damier speedy 30- which is perfect! please help and happy thanksgiving!!

I like the PM better, although I think you can pull off the MM size-wise I don't like they shape of it bigger. It's too structured and looks too big even though it may be proportionate to the carrier's body frame. Also smaller bags are much more classier especially for going out at night.

If you are using it for that reason and not an everyday bag, I would say the pm. The mm tends to draw attention to me. I think pm would be perfect for your size

Your right PM seem a tad small. The older Alma's are a nicer size...But I still prefer PM. The MM to me looks huge and bulky for that style of bag! Wish they made something in between PM and MM...that would be the perfect size ;)

I am 5'7 and I love me MM Amarante. Any smaller and it would look funny on me, I think. I am a big bag kinda gal, though.

Oh, I just read how you plan to purpose this bag. I am of the school of thought that hats and larger bags should stay home after the work day/ sun goes down. Not for evening is what I am trying to say. Smaller the later the hour.

hi! i'm looking for a bag to carry to dinner/movies. is the mm too big? i'm 5'7''. sometimes the pm looks too small. i really want the vernis in amarante. but cannot decide between these 2 sizes... my current bag is the damier speedy 30- which is perfect! please help and happy thanksgiving!!

I'm just a bit taller than you, and I have 3 PM Almas and one MM Alma.
The PM looks cuter, and has nicer proportions. Great for everyday use.

The MM is kind of bulky and also rather heavy for a handheld bag, so this is why I don't use mine so often. Darker Vernis shows the fingerprints and I need to rub them off with a cloth most of the time, since I don't want my bags to look dirty and sticky. :biggrin:

If you're using for going out at night, PM. IMO, MM is more for work or carrying around a lot of stuff. I don't forsee that you will need much for dinner dates and movies.

I would find a hassle to carry such a big and bulky bag when shopping/going for movies. Plus, it could be a challenge to find space for your bag!!

I'm just under 6 feet tall, and I have a damier alma. I think the smaller size is perfect for dressier occasions, when you're not carrying as much extra stuff in your bag. Even for every day, it's not a bad size; it really makes you pair down all the nonsense you might carry in a larger bag.