Please help me decide about this bag!

amazigrace

HeHe24
O.G.
May 12, 2007
I received my Muse II today, and as I was unpacking it from the box, I noticed it was missing a closure on the back. I paid $550 for it on sale at NM. Now I don't know what to do. Should I send it back? Call a YSL boutique and ask them if they can repair it, or just carry it and not worry about it? I'm really at a loss, and would appreciate your suggestions. Thank You!

Well, that's up to you. I have two muse two bags, and that's the closure on the back I always keep undone so I can put my cell and keys in there. So I don't use the middle closure anyway. But it is a lot of money, so if you want an intact bag, you could return it (or exchange it).

if it bugs you then I would get them to try to repair it,
whenever I find a fault with a bag it eats at me

it doesn't seem like a very essential piece on the bag, and it's a great bag, so I'd hate for you to flat out return it if they can't find you a replacement bag

I definitely think that you should call the SA who sold the bag to you and explain the situation. If you can't get it fixed from them directly, perhaps they can give you a discount since it is missing hardware. I'm pretty sure YSL would be able to fix it for you if you call and ask. Good luck!

I agree that it's not essential to the bag and is usually the closure I have undone, too, but it would bother me so I also agree that you should contact the SA and see what can be done. Regardless of what you paid, you were under the impression that you were purchasing a fully intact bag and this one is definitely missing a piece.

amazigrace - SA should be able to help you. She should be able to offer you an additional 10-15% discount. It's a gorgeous bag. $550 is a great price for it and try not to return it. I wish I could find it at that price :smile: