Please help me decide 2nd hand HAC or 1st hand Birkin?

witwit

O.G.
Dec 15, 2007
I found very good deal on gold HAC 32 with GHW ... but in the same time, I really want orange birkin 30 with GHW (but the price is so different). I can only afford 1 for now. What should I buy? :confused1: I would love to hear what you guys think!

My collection contains
1. Raisin birkin 30
2. Chocolate birkin 30
3. Etoupe bolide
4. Gold Lindy 34
5. Brick kelly 32
6. Gold and Toile kelly 28
7. Orange Garden Party
8. Black Constance
9. Etoupe Valparaiso

Is orange B a good pick? or should it be Gris T? or black?

THANK YOU so much! I'm looking forward to your opinion!:flowers:

Do you like the HAC? Don't buy something because it's cheaper than the one you REALLY want. You'll have a bag but you will STILL want the one you didn't get.

Do you like the HAC? Don't buy something because it's cheaper than the one you REALLY want. You'll have a bag but you will STILL want the one you didn't get.

ITA :yes:!

Go for the one that you want the most. Do you really want the HAC and not only because it's a good price?

And to answer your question about a color for your B., I think Orange is a nice option but Gris T. is very nice as well.
Or what about something red? Just go for something that really makes your heart sing, good luck :smile:!

S'mom, Chanel .... I haven't never seen or tried HAC before. But before I posted this thread, I did search here and found lots of good things about HAC. That's why I'm interested in buying one. Good price is a plus.

From my humble collection, i thought orange or gold would be nice. So it comes down to style. Should I get HAC for a change or birkin for sth I'm familiar with? Pls help! I'm so confused right now.

WITWIT.....before you invest in a HAC, I can't encourage you enough to try to find one and see if you like it. It is and behaves very differently than a Birkin. If you are used to a Birkin you may not like the North/South look of the Hac. Some people LOVE them though and you may be one. I've had them in both 28cm and 32cm and as much as I liked them, they didn't work for me as I didn't like the "look" as compared to the Birkin....They also did not hold their value at all and I wound up taking a big financial hit when I sold them. Just something else to think about....

But if you have disposable income and don't mind spending a few thousand on a try-out then I'd go for it. It IS a lovely bag....

That shorter handle can be very tricky when wearing a coat. A HAC can end up truly being an in-hand bag only during coat season. Something to consider...

until you can try a HAC in person, my recommendation would be for you to go with the birkin.

other than the north-south configuration, the hardware on HAC is slightly different and may take some adjustment. the handle is also thicker which you may not like (i personally don't like it). there are also no interior pockets so you will need to be very organized! :P

i think both gold HAC or orange birkin are good addition to your collection. But i would not buy such an expensive bag without trying it firsthand!

S''mom, birkel, India, hanyeu, Cavalier Girl ... thank you so much for your thoughts. I just passed that second hand HAC and now the hunting of my perfect birkin begins! :graucho:

Thx you so much! :smooch:

until you can try a HAC in person, my recommendation would be for you to go with the birkin.

other than the north-south configuration, the hardware on HAC is slightly different and may take some adjustment. the handle is also thicker which you may not like (i personally don't like it). there are also no interior pockets so you will need to be very organized! :P

i think both gold HAC or orange birkin are good addition to your collection. But i would not buy such an expensive bag without trying it firsthand!

Are only new HACs without pockets? Mine have one zipped and one open.