Should I go for it?

• Yes!

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No!

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters

Saaski

Feb 25, 2020
I was in Chanel last week and spied this utterly gorgeous metallic blue boy WOC in lambskin from 20A that they'd just got in. The gold is not as saturated in real life, but the color is otherwise pretty close in my picture.

I had gone in for a classic black ghw WOC though (and really scored-- my SA had just gotten one, still with the paper wrap on the zippers) and stuck to my plan, leaving with the classic WOC. But I did reserve the cardholder, since I loved the style/color so much.

Well, I haven't been able to get the boy WOC out of my head, and my SA let me know that it's still available.

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I did JUST buy the classic WOC, and this one is in metallic lambskin to boot. On the other, it's so unique to me, and I'm not super interested in any of the coming collections. I also don't see myself buying much more with the upcoming price increases.

Please offer your opinions! What do you think? Get it and go out with a bang? Or pass and just stick with the card holder?

(also, if anyone has experience with the 20A metallic lambskin, I'd love for you to share. It felt surprisingly durable to me, but I was wondering about excessive creasing)

20200808_111848_HDR~2.jpg

I was in Chanel last week and spied this utterly gorgeous metallic blue boy WOC in lambskin from 20A that they'd just got in. The gold is not as saturated in real life, but the color is otherwise pretty close in my picture.

I had gone in for a classic black ghw WOC though (and really scored-- my SA had just gotten one, still with the paper wrap on the zippers) and stuck to my plan, leaving with the classic WOC. But I did reserve the cardholder, since I loved the style/color so much.

Well, I haven't been able to get the boy WOC out of my head, and my SA let me know that it's still available.

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I did JUST buy the classic WOC, and this one is in metallic lambskin to boot. On the other, it's so unique to me, and I'm not super interested in any of the coming collections. I also don't see myself buying much more with the upcoming price increases.

Please offer your opinions! What do you think? Get it and go out with a bang? Or pass and just stick with the card holder?

(also, if anyone has experience with the 20A metallic lambskin, I'd love for you to share. It felt surprisingly durable to me, but I was wondering about excessive creasing)

View attachment 4817018
Are you sure it is lamb? I tried the Old Medium sized Boy version of it and it was calf. Also, the website describes the metallic Boys from 20A as calfskin. I would not worry about it but have handled Boys in metallic calf in the past. In case it is indeed lamb, it will depend on the batch of leather, how you treat it etc. but would expect a bit of wear on the edges. Hence, I’d recommend using it as a special occasion bag. The picture doesn’t do the colour any justice, it is stunning in real life. I’d be tempted if I were you :smile:

Are you sure it is lamb? I tried the Old Medium sized Boy version of it and it was calf. Also, the website describes the metallic Boys from 20A as calfskin. I would not worry about it but have handled Boys in metallic calf in the past. In case it is indeed lamb, it will depend on the batch of leather, how you treat it etc. but would expect a bit of wear on the edges. Hence, I’d recommend using it as a special occasion bag. The picture doesn’t do the colour any justice, it is stunning in real life. I’d be tempted if I were you :smile:
My SA checked for me and said it was lamb, though it did feel a bit different to be (possibly because of the finish?). It would definitely be a special occasions piece I think. I agree with you that it's stunning!

Reactions: pinkorchid20
I’d say get it before it’s gone if you really like it.

It literally just happened to me, went in to get a bag, saw something else that I really liked, stuck to the plan and left with the bag I went there to get. Couldn’t get the other bag out of my mind, texted my SA the next day, alas it was already gone. And of course, it was the only one in the country.

I’d say get it before it’s gone if you really like it.

It literally just happened to me, went in to get a bag, saw something else that I really liked, stuck to the plan and left with the bag I went there to get. Couldn’t get the other bag out of my mind, texted my SA the next day, alas it was already gone. And of course, it was the only one in the country.
That's what I'm leaning towards. I don't want the regret of the bag I didn't buy. Especially since I think I'd be happy with it being my last Chanel for a while?

Chanel metallics are gorgeous. I have a metallic blue reissue that is one of my favorite Chanel bags. I suggest getting the bag.
ITA, I have a blue metallic Striped reissue chocolate bar bag And it didn’t peel or flake (unlike many others here). The mixed TPF review made me reluctant to buy a full sized reissue in the same blue Metallic, but for all the use it got, I wish I had.

Can I ask what leather your reissue is in and what the wear has been like? I'm a little worried about cracks from folding.
I'm sorry I didn't reply before, but I only saw your post now. The leather of my reissue is still great. I believe it is calfskin (or lambskin, I can't remember), it is very soft. I can post a pic if that would help.

Last edited: