Please help me choose!!

mou mou

O.G.
Feb 19, 2009
Dear all, I am torn between a Dogon combined wallet and the Kelly en Caleche cashmere shawl (WHEN it arrives!!) totally different items!! I can only buy one of them. MaiTai has given me her invaluable opinion in a PM ,but any other opinions on either would be much appreciated. The wallet looks very versatile(but expensive ,is it justified ?) The shawl amazing,but I am a little worried over pulls and piling ! Any opinions much appreciated ,PLEASE:wondering:wondering

Mmm,tough one,the shawl is beautiful...seriously beautiful. However you say you can only get one,I think I would err on the side of thinking which would I use the most,and for me it would be the wallet as it would be a year round useful thing...thats just me though,hope that helps a bit?:flowers:

I vote on the wallet too. Mostly because I'm in need of a new wallet and I think that affects my opinion. I love the shawls but their delicate nature does worry me.

I'd go for the wallet since the amount of use you get out of it would justify its cost. However if you really love the shawl, you might think of getting it if it is not going to be repeated.

That is a tough one........wallet you will use everyday, but the shawl may not come around again......then if it is a true love you may end up paying premium through a re-seller? I would wait to see the shawl - then see how you feel about it. You can always get a wallet??

Shawl, they are so much more useful than you might think and just wearing it will make you feel fabulous. I would wait until it arrives to make a final decision though - it has to sing to you - which c/w are you holding out for?

ETA: Don't worry about pulling and piling - I don't baby mine and they are fine - the designs usually hide any little mishaps anyway. Do you have a GM already?

Absolutely the shawl! There are lots of nice wallets in the world that are not the price of an Hermes one, but there is nothing that compares to an Hermes cashmere/silk shawl. I adore my 4 and wear them year 'round (even in summer, they are delightful over a sleeveless T in over-airconditioned restaurants. I don't "baby" mine, and have only gotten one small snag. I have had no pilling. You will LOVE it and wonder how you ever lived without an Hermes shawl!

ohh, such a difficult choice mou mou.

My initial answer was, if you fall in love with the KenC shawl when you see it, I would go for that because we do have lots of shawl wearing weather here in the UK, and I have learned through experience not to let one slip through your hands, because they can be incredibly hard to find again at a later date.

But then again, the Dogons are a gorgeous little slice of H leather that you can use and appreciate everyday. They also hold up really well. And they are such a unique wallet, I always get lovely comments on mine from shop assistants :P
I have a Dogon Combined, but I have never really used it too much as I favour my Dogon Compact as it suits my needs much better on a day to day basis. But I love the fact that I can sometimes just pop out with my Combined and slip my iPhone and a little lipgloss into it, and its heavenly!!

So I guess it comes done which you think you will use and enjoy the most.
Sorry not much help!!

Dear all, I am torn between a Dogon combined wallet and the Kelly en Caleche cashmere shawl (WHEN it arrives!!) totally different items!! I can only buy one of them. MaiTai has given me her invaluable opinion in a PM ,but any other opinions on either would be much appreciated. The wallet looks very versatile(but expensive ,is it justified ?) The shawl amazing,but I am a little worried over pulls and piling ! Any opinions much appreciated ,PLEASE:wondering:wondering

mou mou

if there is no $$$ issue.... both are on my want list of H items.
If only one, then I will think about which one will I need more now.
Need as in practical reason.

E.g. if you are in need of a new wallet, and current on is like 10yrs old with holes everywhere, to prevent more coins from slipping out.. u shd get the wallet :roflmfao:

A shawl, is very versatile is useful, especially for me, where my office aircon is like winter wonderland everyday. I wear a lot of scarves and shawls :tender:

Ok I know I am not helping much. But when winter comes, you need the shawl :whistle:

THANK YOU EVERYONE who has offered opinions!! Seems a pretty equal divide !! HELP... decisions,decisions! Hopefully the shawls will be in soon and maybe seeing them will sway my decision one way or the other !! I must own up to having two shawls already,the C en C ,and Tigre Royal. I am a bit 'precious' where they are concerned,but maybe they are tougher than I think !!! As for Hermes leathers ..well it's a love affair with their feel,look and smell !!:smile: