Please help me choose timeless wallet

brigita

O.G.
Feb 10, 2010
I had my LV Sarah checked wallet stolen a few days ago. It was a present from my husband and in many ways perfect classic, timeless wallet. However, I am not sure if I can stretch to buy another one as I need to pay excess when claiming insurance so will not receive the full amount. Do you have any suggestions? I would like something to last years and years, doesn't need to be as big as 'Sarah' (I haven't use it much partly because I was saving it for when I had nice handbag and partly because it was very big) Or is Sarah the best one to have and I should save for it again?

it was simmilar to this but damier

Attachments

• louis-vuitton-sarah-wallet-monogram-canvas-small-leather-goods--M60531_PM2_Front view.jpg
    louis-vuitton-sarah-wallet-monogram-canvas-small-leather-goods--M60531_PM2_Front view.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 293
Reactions: Glttglam
Sorry your wallet was stolen.

If you still want a "full wallet" (that holds unfolded bills) but not quite as large capacity as the Sarah you could look at Emilie or Josephine. They are a couple hundred less than Sarah, I believe, even in USD. Maybe the Clemence if you are okay with a zipper? It is full length but still quite "compact" in the sense of not being very thick or tall.

If you are willing to go truly compact, look at something like the Rosalie coin purse or a Zippy Coin Purse. I now use a ZCP as my wallet and love it. Can't imagine ever needing a large wallet ever again.

And use it! You don't need to wait for a "nicer bag"...my LV SLGs are just as at home in my Longchamp/Lug nylon bags as they are in an LV!

Last edited:
Reactions: brigita
If you can get your hands on preloved Mulberry from before 2015, I can highly recommend! In the last 2 yrs the quality has gone waaaay down.
My other recommendations would be Burberry and Longchamp. Both are great quality and have a wide selection or styles. Especially Burberry has been putting out nice wallets lately!

Reactions: Pimpernel
I had my LV Sarah checked wallet stolen a few days ago. It was a present from my husband and in many ways perfect classic, timeless wallet. However, I am not sure if I can stretch to buy another one as I need to pay excess when claiming insurance so will not receive the full amount. Do you have any suggestions? I would like something to last years and years, doesn't need to be as big as 'Sarah' (I haven't use it much partly because I was saving it for when I had nice handbag and partly because it was very big) Or is Sarah the best one to have and I should save for it again?

it was simmilar to this but damier
I recently bought this wallet (the Sarah) in mono. Personally I don't find it too big, because I'm not a fan of the recent trend for mini size bags, I hate to see purses that look like they're bursting at the seams, and I like a wallet I can grab and use by itself for quick errands. This is my first LV piece and I'm delighted with it, and with the service from LV. But whichever size or brand you eventually decide on, I'd say go with your first choice if you can, not a substitute - and whatever you do, don't keep it for special occasions. You're going to be using it everyday for several years, choose something you really love :smile:

Reactions: ivdw