Please help me choose one of these small shoulder bags.

Which small bag should I get

• Red Louis Vuitton Lockme II BB

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Red epi Louis Vuitton Alma BB

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Black Vintage Chanel camera bag

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Black Balenciaga Edge

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Jun 18, 2012
I'd appreciate your opinions and feedback. :smile: I have a Louis Vuitton Lockme II BB in black / shw that I love. It's my only small bag and I want to add a second in either black or red. I don't know that any bag is truly a forever bag but I want something that will stay stylish for as long as possible (a decade or more). I'll use it quite a bit for errands, date nights and travel. It has to hold a card case, small pouch, sunglasses and have a little room left for misc stuff I may want to carry like gloves or a small snack.

I've narrowed the candidates down to these bags:

Red Lockme II BB
IMG_1043.jpg

Red epi Alma BBIMG_1046.jpg

Black vintage Chanel camera bg (model TBD)
IMG_1048.jpg

Balenciaga mini edge
IMG_1042.JPG

I use both black and red as neutrals so I was thinking adding red would be a good choice. But getting a black w/ghw would also be good since I don't like to mix metals if I don't have too and the black LM II BB has shw.

Let me know which you think is better for me. And if you own one of these, I'd love your feedback on capacity and durability. I appreciate it!

Spark,

You know I love red Flaps but you will never carry this over your red Chanel. Did you sell the red Gucci or did you decide to keep it? The alma bb is cute but trendy. When mini bags go away are you going to still love this 5 years down the road.? The Bal is definitely a no. You will regret soon as you get as it's to casual for your style. I think the camera bag is really cute and it's Chanel

Maybe find some red with GHW?

Out of your choices, I like the Alma BB best. Agree with MSD that Bal is too casual for what you usually go for.
I have a small red Prada double zip w/GHW. I wear more WG than YG so I think I'd choose shw for this bag.
Spark,You know I love red Flaps but you will never carry this over your red Chanel. Did you sell the red Gucci or did you decide to keep it? The alma bb is cute but trendy. When mini bags go away are you going to still love this 5 years down the road.? The Bal is definitely a no. You will regret soon as you get as it's to casual for your style. I think the camera bag is really cute and it's Chanel
I sold the red Gucci in January. And none of these are mini. They are all small bags - approx 9" x 6" x 3". Practically I can't do mini and I also don't want to get caught in that trend.

This bag is for a very different use than my jumbo. Sometimes with errands, travel, etc. I want a red bag smaller than that or my red Prada double zip. So this bag will get used quite a bit - just like the black LM II BB gets used regularly despite me owning 6 other black bags that I love. :smile:

I must say, though, that your belongings might fit better in the Lockme BB due to its shape. The Alma BB's domed shape will limit what you can fit because there is not much room at the top.

Sometimes, if I want to fit just one more small item besides my compact wallet, key pouch, coin purse, cell phone, and tissue packet, I have to arrange all items *just so*, like a puzzle.

Reactions: Sparkletastic
I wish you had provided some info on what your personal style is, it would have given some context to the bag! I chose the Balenciaga because I think it play well with day and night, and can both blend into the background AND stand out, paradoxically. It also won't bang around against your body as much as some of the other bags will due to its softer construction and the way it's supposed to be worn. I feel like the Alma will constantly knock against your hip if you wear it as a crossbody—and your only other option is to carry it in hand. Neither are great when you're going out.

Good luck with your choice!

I wish you had provided some info on what your personal style is, it would have given some context to the bag! I chose the Balenciaga because I think it play well with day and night, and can both blend into the background AND stand out, paradoxically. It also won't bang around against your body as much as some of the other bags will due to its softer construction and the way it's supposed to be worn. I feel like the Alma will constantly knock against your hip if you wear it as a crossbody—and your only other option is to carry it in hand. Neither are great when you're going out.

Good luck with your choice!
Thanks for your input!

My personal style is glam chic with a bit of edge - never stuffy, never gaudy. 80% of the time (casual to dressy) I'm in dresses and some type of high heeled shoe. But I also wear skinny jeans / edgier slacks with interesting sweaters or blouses when the weather gets super cold.

My girly but classic Chanel and Dior flaps are some of my favorite bags. But I also love the more restrained chic of my Prada Bauletto and double zip bags. I have bags from other brands to give me variety. Hope that's what you were looking for. :smile:

Last edited:
I voted for the red Alma BB for the following reasons:

The red will make a change and the Alma is classic and the BB cut and modern.

I think you'd like the red Lockme too (and you know the bag well) but something has stopped you diving-in and grabbing that double. When I find a bag perfect for me I personally have no hesitation in investing in another (Gucci Bamboo Top Handle, Hermes Bolide etc).

The Chanel is another good match for your style (and has ghw) but it's very close to what you have in the basic shape, logo-clock and colour of your Lockme.

Love the Bal but is it really you? Very much the odd one out here.

Reactions: Sparkletastic