Which short VCA necklace?

• 6 motif magic WG

• 10 motif chalcedony

Results are only viewable after voting.

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Good day!

another chance to purchase VCA in May has come my way (yay family vaca!)

i am choosing between three:

Magic alhambra 6 motif WG or chalcedony white motif.

or should i just get the magic 11 motif? will not include this in the poll as it's a longer piece.

please please give your thoughts and which to you is numbers 1, 2 or 3. and please give your thoughts on each piece.

i am limited to 1 vca necklace per year.

thank you so much!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.18.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.18.19 AM.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 4,782
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.25.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.25.32 AM.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 800
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.36.22 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-18 at 10.36.22 AM.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 861
I voted for the 10 motif chalcedony because to me, it is the most beautiful & balanced look. Easier to dress up/down. The other 2, while also quite lovely are more limited in what you'd be able to wear to show off the necklaces properly. In the magic, I like the 16 motif length best.

I like the first one at the top - the vintage one with the 10 motifs. The other two just don't appeal to me as much.

Thank you emchhardy!

Definitely the vintage 10 motif chalcedony - stunning!

thank you Greentea! love your bolide btw...

I voted for the 10 motif chalcedony because to me, it is the most beautiful & balanced look. Easier to dress up/down. The other 2, while also quite lovely are more limited in what you'd be able to wear to show off the necklaces properly. In the magic, I like the 16 motif length best.

thank you Junkenpo! what do you mean by limited?

i've seen 16 motif in magic and it's quite long. it's also out of my league budget-wise. the WG 16 motif with the white and gray MOP & chalcedony is my favorite. that's why i chose the 6 motif as it has the 3 colors. but somehow it looks kinda costumey bec the clovers are kinda big.

how blue is the chalcedony?

10 motif seems to me the most versatile. You can always add another 10 next year to make a 20. I got my WG MoP necklace that way, and I get a lot of use out of it doubled up or wear it long.

In terms of the color of chalcedony, in my mind it is grey with blue tint to it.

10 motif seems to me the most versatile. You can always add another 10 next year to make a 20. I got my WG MoP necklace that way, and I get a lot of use out of it doubled up or wear it long.

In terms of the color of chalcedony, in my mind it is grey with blue tint to it.

thanks so much ryu_chan. yes i was thinking of adding another 10 next year too - if i chose the chalcedony. would they be able to join one end so it wuld look like a 20?

thanks!

I LOVE chalcedony!!!! I voted for that....but if you are concerned about versatility and like YG....the 11-motif is a nice option.

I think the color on the website is pretty accurate.

thanks so much ryu_chan. yes i was thinking of adding another 10 next year too - if i chose the chalcedony. would they be able to join one end so it wuld look like a 20?

thanks!
A ten motif in chalcedony would be lovely.You could lengthen it with a bracelet so that the clasp wouldn't really show. I sometimes do that with my 20 motif's as well .

thanks!

One forum member had this done. I believe it was Sbelle and she had to get approval from Paris and it was a long drawn out process. So, I would not count on that as being an easy option. Most people aren't bothered by the clasp. At first I thought it would REALLY bug me and I requested a magic closure at several boutiques and each time they came back to me saying no because it would effect the integrity of the piece. I ended up settling and getting two 10s and an extension piece. I also lengthened one so, I have @ 16", @ 18" and 1.5" removable extension which together makes a 36" necklace. So, I do get A LOT more choices on how to wear the pieces which I have. And I have really come to appreciate that and the clasp doesn't bother me now. That being said, I really like the #3 as it is not as common and it looks to be an in between size. Have you ever tried on the #2? It looks like a really interesting/ unusual piece, but when I tried it on unfortunately it did not suit me at all. Have you tried on all three pieces already? I only ask because some colors or necklaces do not work for some people for whatever reason.

ok that I can handle. But now I don't like Hermes much for limiting what their paying customers are allowed. Idiotic. Just keep up with demand and don't have snotty douchebags working in your stores.