PLEASE HELP me choose my first Chanel!! :-) (pics included!)

I initially wanted the black caviar quilted woc with ghw but that is impossible to find right now. (unless you ladies know where I can purchase one!) So I've decided on two bags. I really like the Cerf/Executive tote or the Portobello CC Crown tote(not sure if this is the correct name.) I LOVE both looks of the bag, both have very different styles but I still don't know. I'm not sure if I'm gonna like how the Cerf will lose its shape later but the price for the Portobello tote is $1600 more than the Cerf. I'm also open to other suggestions. (Please don't suggest any GST, PST, or Classic Double Flaps. I'm not fond of those! I love the boy bags as well but I don't know, original black w/ ghw or black or grey stingray.) Your thoughts will be very much appreciated! :biggrin:

PS. the portobello may look too large and strap too long for me but its actually around the same size as the cerf! (picture was just badly taken lol) and please excuse my grubbiness lol both totes definitely looks good on me! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_5625.jpg
    IMG_5625.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 7,333
  • IMG_5684.jpg
    IMG_5684.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 3,582
I initially wanted the black caviar quilted woc with ghw but that is impossible to find right now. (unless you ladies know where I can purchase one!) So I've decided on two bags. I really like the Cerf/Executive tote or the Portobello CC Crown tote(not sure if this is the correct name.) I LOVE both looks of the bag, both have very different styles but I still don't know. I'm not sure if I'm gonna like how the Cerf will lose its shape later but the price for the Portobello tote is $1600 more than the Cerf. I'm also open to other suggestions. (Please don't suggest any GST, PST, or Classic Double Flaps. I'm not fond of those! I love the boy bags as well but I don't know, original black w/ ghw or black or grey stingray.) Your thoughts will be very much appreciated! :biggrin:

PS. the portobello may look too large and strap too long for me but its actually around the same size as the cerf! (picture was just badly taken lol) and please excuse my grubbiness lol both totes definitely looks good on me! ;)

Just some random thoughts here. You said you really want a WOC, which is a very small bag, yet you are now looking at two very large totes. You also say you love the boy bags, which come in various sizes. If it were me, I'd look for one of the two bags that I really loved, rather than "substitute" something else that is completely different, as you will still in your mind desire those bags that you loved. 13P (Spring) bags are just starting to arrive, so you might soon find the bag that you really want. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. You might also want to post in the "desperately searching for" thread in the shopping part of the Chanel forum here http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...g-for-the-help-me-find-thread-208143-419.html to see if anyone might be able to help you find the two bags you really want. Also check frequently in the "Authentic finds" thread on the same part of the forum here http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/authentic-chanel-finds-thread-no-chatting-407729-246.html. Best of luck! :smile:

Just some random thoughts here. You said you really want a WOC, which is a very small bag, yet you are now looking at two very large totes. You also say you love the boy bags, which come in various sizes. If it were me, I'd look for one of the two bags that I really loved, rather than "substitute" something else that is completely different, as you will still in your mind desire those bags that you loved. 13P (Spring) bags are just starting to arrive, so you might soon find the bag that you really want. Sometimes it's a matter of timing. You might also want to post in the "desperately searching for" thread in the shopping part of the Chanel forum here http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-s...g-for-the-help-me-find-thread-208143-419.html to see if anyone might be able to help you find the two bags you really want. Also check frequently in the "Authentic finds" thread on the same part of the forum here http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-shopping/authentic-chanel-finds-thread-no-chatting-407729-246.html. Best of luck! :smile:
I know I'm really indecisive! I love both small and large bags and since the small bag I wanted is harder to get ahold of, I can get my larger bag first! I have a lot of different styles, so whether I get the woc or tote first, I'm eventually going to get them all! I just wanted help picking one first :smile: but thanks for the input! I'll check out those threads!

As you say, these bags are very different styles. I would choose the Portobello tote, its gorgeous, edgy and current. The cerf is too boring for me, but if you need something timeless for work or something, it is a good investment. What about the smooth black boy bag in medium with GHW? Or a quilted black caviar boy?

Go with the cert! I just got the same one (black with GHW) last Nov. it's a great look for work. An understated classy look. LOTS of compartments. Be aware that it's easy to overload it and balancing the bag on your wrist or forearm can hurt after a while:P

Love both of them but they are completely different bags.. Cerf is a classic and often seen as a work office bag for some people(not for me though as I can definitely see myself pulling it off as casual bag as well) Portobello more trendy and less formal but still chic and classy. HTH! Good luck deciding:smile:😉

Portobello for sure...I find the Cerf to be boring, no offense. Yes it's timeless, but unless you need a work specific bag, I think it's a little dated for everyday. I love how fun and practical the Portobello is while still having personality

Cerf looks more classic and classy... portobello is more edgy but I'm not feeling it that much... honestly I'm worried about the beige piping at the side of the bag.... might stain easily... :smile:

I actually love how simple & classic the cerf tote is but wouldn't buy it cos i read it will lose its shape after sometime. Don't really like the look of portobello :sad:

I will wait to buy a Chanel bag I absolutely love & won't hesitate to buy it plus knowing I will regret not buying. I am willing to spend $$$$ on stuff I absolutely love but not on items I am not sure of getting. That's just me so I will wait if I were you :smile: