Please Help Me Choose My Diorama!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Which would you choose?

1. Metallic Silver Microcannage

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Metallic Silver Ombré Microcannage

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  3. Titanium Metallic & Brushed

8 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. Hi all, I need some help in deciding which Diorama to get. I feel so torn.
    It was the Metallic Silver Microcannage that first captured my attention. But now the new season has come out with a Metallic silver ombré and a titanium metallic brushed.

I love the ombré, it adds so much depth, but I'm not sure if it'll be easy to match or if it is just trendy and will become dated.

The metallic silver is so bling and I LOVE bling, and easy to match.

The titanium is probably my least favourite out of the three but is still stunning nonetheless and easy to wear/match with clothing.

I'd love to hear everyone's input.

Here are some pictures, some are from my SA and one borrowed from a fellow member. The last picture of the titanium is just to show what the colour and texture looks like irl. I also have a poll up so please vote.

Thanks!
    image.png image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg image.png image.jpeg

2. I vote for the original silver Diorama! It's "the" classic Diorama to me :smile:

3. I think the ombre would make the biggest impression, and is very "couture".

But from a durability perspective, I would choose the titanium calfskin. The "vintage" look of the leather will help hide wear and tear, and can go well with everything. I know that it is your least favourite, but I think it is the most practical. The perforated ones are lovely but the nature of the perforations on the patent leather makes them more prone to peeling with extensive use, as some members of this forum have experienced.

4. I'm with AJ on this one; titanium all the way! I love the effect, the color is quite neutral, and it will definitely be more durable of the three. The ombré is my other favourite.

5. I would go with silver!

danniela likes this.
  6. Love all three, but really like the edgy look of the titanium. Close second is the ombré.

7. Dior bags are incredible this season! I too was debating between the titanium and the ombre a few weeks ago and it was literally all I could think about. I went with the ombre. I am 100% happy with my choice and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it already - even the people in my life who think designer bags are frivolous and stupid admitted that they loved this bag. This may not be your situation, but my SA told me the titanium looked a little too edgy/masculine for me and the ombre worked better with my personal style (very feminine/girly). It's such a stunning bag and I am completely in love with it. Most of my bags are black/brown/beige and very classic so I really needed to branch out and get something fun and exciting.

My SA said that the Diorama isn't getting discontinued anytime soon, so I wouldn't worry about it looking dated - the shape will be around for a while and even if people are tired of ombre next year, I think you could still get away with wearing it :smile:

It's not that hard to match with outfits and goes with more than you would think, but you will probably need to plan your outfit more than you would with the titanium or the plain silver. I feel like you can find lots of grey bags and even silver metallic bags from other brands, but the ombre is something truly special and really beautifully pays tribute to the brand's couture heritage. It's just so very very Dior and reminds of all of those gorgeous dresses that you see in the shows. Sometimes I take it out of the box just to stare at it.

The titanium is a stunning bag, but I don't think it's nearly as special as the ombre and I feel like if I bought the titanium, I wouldn't necessarily regret it, but I'd still be thinking of the ombre.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents - good luck and let us know what you end up deciding!

8. Thanks everyone for such detailed input. I will take everyone's insight/input into consideration. Just waiting now for my SA to call and tell me all the bags are in so I can stop by to see them all irl

9. ombre is stunning!!! but i will worry about the peeling