Please help me choose...Large or Maxi Veneta??? (Pics included).

May 7, 2008
I'm really indecisive and can't make up my mind which to go with...Large or Maxi! I have owned both and liked both, but ended up letting them go for one reason or another. I am now looking to purchase another Veneta and can't decide!!

I LOVE the Maxi, but sometimes feel as though it's maybe a bit too big for everyday use...but I sometimes feel like Large just might be a bit too small...neither of my bags had a chance to break in either, so don't know if that will help. I think the Maxi looks a bit sloppy once broken in, I kinda wish the bag would stay stiff, but I know with time that's not possible. :cray:

So here are pics I dug up of my two Veneta's, both Orchid. I am 5'6", US size 8-10. I was originally leaning towards going with a neutral color, but am now back to a pop colour as I did love my Orchid to bits! Wish I could find it again... I have too many other neutrals right now too which is leaning me in the pop colour direction as well as the fact that I just personally love the Veneta in bright, bold colors.

So please give me any thoughts advice as I am so torn and could really use some guidance! Do you think the Large looks too small on me? That's my main concern. I can def fit all my necessities in it...so that's not an issue. Many thanks for your time! :flowers:

Large Orchid:

611372bb.jpg

da82df5b.jpg

Maxi Orchid:

DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0218-1.jpg

My honest thoughts:

The Maxi looks like a piece of clothing on you; too, too big. If you took advantage of all that space, you'd never be able to carry the bag, anyway. It's a waste of leather, IMO.

The large looks just right, and you said it yourself - all of your stuff fits just fine!

P.S. - glad you're sharing the process with us - I am hankering after a Veneta and I've about decided a Medium will be fine for me.

Hi Scoobie!

I actually love the way the large fits on you...the maxi looks too large IMO...orchid is a great color, so I hope you find the perfect Veneta and color that is a keeper for you!

I love my maxis so I am biased- I like the look of the maxi on you. It is a personal decision- both look great on you. Get the one that is most practical.

i think it is hard to tell which is better without putting some weight in the maxi. i assume it is empty from the photo? either way i do think both look great and i am also a big fan of the maxi veneta. if you want your large to keep it's shape maybe consider the safari veneta-

i do think if you had both sizes at one time and let them go then maybe the veneta isn't right for you. there is one style bag- the hermes evelyn- that i have bought numerous times and let go or returned. i still feel the pull and have to remind myself that it doesn't work for me.

maybe the large campana- i think it might be in between the large and maxi veneta- or the belly veneta?

Thank you all for taking the time to give me your input. :smile: I appreciate it and it is helping me to realize that the Large is probably the best fit for me.

My honest thoughts:

The Maxi looks like a piece of clothing on you; too, too big. If you took advantage of all that space, you'd never be able to carry the bag, anyway. It's a waste of leather, IMO.

The large looks just right, and you said it yourself - all of your stuff fits just fine!

P.S. - glad you're sharing the process with us - I am hankering after a Veneta and I've about decided a Medium will be fine for me.

Thanks! I'd never take advantage of all the space...that would be one heavy bag!!:P I actually like the look of the Maxi when minimally full.

i think it is hard to tell which is better without putting some weight in the maxi. i assume it is empty from the photo? either way i do think both look great and i am also a big fan of the maxi veneta. if you want your large to keep it's shape maybe consider the safari veneta-

i do think if you had both sizes at one time and let them go then maybe the veneta isn't right for you. there is one style bag- the hermes evelyn- that i have bought numerous times and let go or returned. i still feel the pull and have to remind myself that it doesn't work for me.

maybe the large campana- i think it might be in between the large and maxi veneta- or the belly veneta?

I didn't let them go b/c I didn't like the bag. It was other random reasons and hankerings to fund another purchase at the time. I am at a point now where I've come to terms with what I do and don't like in a bag and know I love the Veneta! :smile: I actually like the look of the Maxi with minimal contents, but yes the Maxi in my pics is empty and brand new. I was unsure of the size of the large at the time, but I think after having both I've come to terms with the fact that the Large is probably a better fit for me.

Glad you were able to get the input you needed.
The Large looks great on you. I like the Maxi, but in a darker neutral or wardrobe staple color like Nero. There's such a big difference, from your pictures, of where the bottom portion of each size Veneta hits you. If you were to arm carry either one, the Large also looks so much better. The Maxi would hang so low and once it breaks in, it will probably hang even lower. Although, I wouldn't rule out the Maxi in Nero or Ebano. For a Veneta in the bright pop of color you're looking for, the Large will look terrific. Please do a reveal when you get it. I adore the bright colors, just like the Venetas in Orchid you had.

^ITA with shiba_inu. The maxi would look great in Nero, but if you're lusting after Orchid then large is the way to go. Otherwise the bag will be wearing you.