Please, Help Me Choose Gift for MIL

Tea Service Settings

• Tea Service for 2

• Tea Service for 6

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 21, 2007
I want to get my MIL some H china for Hanukah/ Christmas. I think she would like the Africa pattern in red/yellow. I have gone back and forth and what she would like. I did a little covert research to get a feel for getting something she would use. I know I want to get her a tea set I just have no idea of number of settings. Here is the deal. Both MIL and FIL drink tea during the day, they always have tea when they get Chinese take-out. When we come over, they serve us tea.

Here is the question. Should I get MIL a tea service for 2? This would make the tea service really something special for her alone. Should I get her a tea service for 6? This would give something nice for serving guests and she wouldn't have to constantly brew tea during the day as she drinks it.

GG excellent idea!!! That takes the pressure off. If it turns out she is not crazy about it, you haven't spent as much and if she likes it you know what to get her in future!

Bianca - is the teapot a different size, or are the number of cups the only difference? If the teapot is larger for six, I vote for that. I like to make a lot of tea at once.

Thank you everyone for your advice. I think I now know what I will do. guccigal and hummingbird great advice. I like the buy and add-on idea. I will get her the 6-cup teapot for now and will add more teacups and saucers later.

allaboutbags, I have one of the breakfast cups in the Siesta Island pattern that I use at work. I like having it to look at during the day.