Please help me choose - Emery or Courier!

MiaKay

Apr 15, 2015
Hi Coachies!

I’m totally torn between the Emery crossbody in brass/elm and the Courier crossbody in brass/sienna (the Nordstrom anniversary sale exclusive).

Other bags I have in my collection are Cassie (black), Tabby Hobo (saddle), Rogue (metallic gray) and Edie 42 (black). I’ll likely be selling my Edie though.

Both the Emery and Courier are beautiful, I especially adore bags based on archival designs. The minimalistic look of the Emery complements my overall aesthetic very well and it’s $100 cheaper than the Courier.

I love how carefree the Courier is and it has some beautiful details, like the burnishing on the sienna leather, the front flap etc. I also don’t have any bags in glovetanned leather so there’s also that. Although I understand that it’s easily scuffed and damaged so I wonder if it would hold up well in the long run, since I have a toddler who likes to get his hands on everything and I also live in a very rainy city.

Here are some photos of the two bags - would love it if you could weigh in :smile:

Thank you in advance!

10E99564-A014-47AA-86BE-45A824D9055C.jpeg

F0FDEF21-91D4-4579-AC25-8D5357519442.jpeg

B0EEA406-D05E-4374-90B0-9BED97F46E96.jpeg

I think the Emery might be the better choice based on what you said - carefree and fits your aesthetic, plus it’s a color that you don’t have in your collection (elm is gorgeous, I have a rambler in that color and love it). My personal preference between the styles is the courier, but that is because I don’t often go for rounded silhouettes. I found both to be very functional, but I do feel that I baby my courier a bit due to glove tanned leather as you said. Good luck with your decision! :smile:

I think the Emery might be the better choice based on what you said - carefree and fits your aesthetic, plus it’s a color that you don’t have in your collection (elm is gorgeous, I have a rambler in that color and love it). My personal preference between the styles is the courier, but that is because I don’t often go for rounded silhouettes. I found both to be very functional, but I do feel that I baby my courier a bit due to glove tanned leather as you said. Good luck with your decision! :smile:

Thank you! Those are some great points. Elm truly is a stunning colour, it’s neutral but distinct.

Reactions: Riezky
I think the Emery is more functional, and I have been told pebbled leather is easier to care for.

I have always thought the Couriers were so pretty, but the tab fastening is a no-go for me. So you might consider which bag you get more use out of.

Good luck!

Reactions: MiaKay
I think the Emery is more functional, and I have been told pebbled leather is easier to care for.

I have always thought the Couriers were so pretty, but the tab fastening is a no-go for me. So you might consider which bag you get more use out of.

Good luck!

Thank you :smile:

The Nordstrom sale is open to peasants like me here in Canada tomorrow so I’ll have a look at the Courier in person so that should help me decide. Kinda wish I had the budget for both hehe, Coach has really been knocking it out of the park lately!

I went to Nordstrom to see the Courier in person and then to the Coach store to have another look at the Emery, and she came home with me :smile:

Very happy with my choice. The Courier is beautiful but I don’t think I could live with the stress of possibly scratching the immaculate glovetanned leather. Bags are meant to make us happy and I know I’d just be anxious all the time.

234E224B-7FC9-4230-94C5-9AB9803163E3.jpeg

I went to Nordstrom to see the Courier in person and then to the Coach store to have another look at the Emery, and she came home with me :smile:

Very happy with my choice. The Courier is beautiful but I don’t think I could live with the stress of possibly scratching the immaculate glovetanned leather. Bags are meant to make us happy and I know I’d just be anxious all the time.

View attachment 4823085

Yayy, congrats, she looks great on you!

A great buy, it's so pretty @MiaKay and it suits you well! Emery would have been my suggestion. I have a similar type of bag and it's one of my favorites. The color you chose is cool too, works with everything for all seasons.

Congrats! I love love love my Emery. It is my go-to running around bag. Big enough for everything I need, small enough that I don’t feel like I’m lugging around a dead body, lol.

I have other bags that are my go-tos for work or school, when I have to carry more stuff like books, laptop, food, etc. But with shutdown I haven’t needed them in a while, so the Emery has been my constant.

A great buy, it's so pretty @MiaKay and it suits you well! Emery would have been my suggestion. I have a similar type of bag and it's one of my favorites. The color you chose is cool too, works with everything for all seasons.

Thank you!

True, I love that it’s a neutral colour but different enough from my usual black and saddle bags.
Congrats! I love love love my Emery. It is my go-to running around bag. Big enough for everything I need, small enough that I don’t feel like I’m lugging around a dead body, lol.

I have other bags that are my go-tos for work or school, when I have to carry more stuff like books, laptop, food, etc. But with shutdown I haven’t needed them in a while, so the Emery has been my constant.

It’s an amazing bag and photos don’t do it justice imho! Glad you’re enjoying yours :smile:

Reactions: Amazona