Please Help Me Choose! Chanel vs Celine

skyeskye

O.G.
Feb 21, 2007
Hi Everyone,
I have been in the market for a versatile new handbag to use.
Initially I had my heart set on a Chanel Le Boy, but recently I discovered Celine (either in the green or black) and now I am very very torn.
The Celine is more understated and has a much better price, but the Le Boy is quite special...
What do you think?
IMG_0062.PNG IMG_0061.JPG

Hi Everyone,
I have been in the market for a versatile new handbag to use.
Initially I had my heart set on a Chanel Le Boy, but recently I discovered Celine (either in the green or black) and now I am very very torn.
The Celine is more understated and has a much better price, but the Le Boy is quite special...
What do you think?
View attachment 3629914 View attachment 3629913

Hi Skyeskye- it depends on what is your need- if you are looking for an evening bag and you don't tend to carry much the chanel le boy is beautiful. It's also a little more 'showy ' and drool worthy but I think you have to have the personality to pull this particular bag off ( similar to the D&G bags- they look like art)

Now the Celine belt bag ... sigh- it's one of my favorite understated elegant bags out there. Totally useful for every day errands and can transition to evening bag if your going for a bite or to a pub

The price point is also quite different... something to consider.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Tough decision as the two bags are very different...and beautiful.
The Chanel is more expensive but the Céline is not cheap either.
It seems that the Boy will still be on your mind if you buy the Céline and that's where money interferes.
If you " invest" your savings in the Céline will you still be able to get your Chanel later?

Reactions: papertiger
Do you want something that will blend into your wardrobe or something that will gather attention on its own? For me, that would be one of the big questions to answer.