Please help me choose between these two bags!

B4GBuff

Feb 1, 2019
I’m looking for a classic looks, quilted leather small bag for everyday / can also be used as evening bag. I love the double chain design as it can be worn cross body, single shoulder long, or doubled single shoulder. Based on the looks I want in a classic black and gold colour I narrowed it down to two bags close in size. One is actually a WOC but it’s close in size to the other. Please help!!

First up:
Sulpice Chain wallet
Price in CAD 2600.00
Size 8.6”x6”x2”
Pros has card slots included (no need for wallet or card case), price is lower being a WOC (but size wise is comparable to the other bag I am comparing), and LOVE the double flap look.
Con chain is only single so to use short/double you have to loop under the flap. Can anyone chime in if this looks / works ok?

Second:
Medium Envelope Bag
Price in CAD 3200.00
Size 9.4”x6.8”x2.3”
Pros has the double chain so using it doubled short, long crossbody is built in, it also has a beautiful quilting design.
Cons chain looks very heavy, no card slots and bag is still only 2.3” deep meaning fitting phone and card case or small wallet might be tight. It’s also 600.00 more.

Given what I am looking for, which would you choose and why? It’s definitely going to be one of these two.

C68375EB-7A86-4532-9186-D4408E420BFE.png

65CBB262-56AF-441F-90F7-88FB22FC8F20.png

Reactions: kmurrs
IMG_6753.jpgIMG_6987.JPG

I have the medium envelope and love it!! It’s very versatile and the quilted leather is what drew me to it. It’s veryyyy durable leather, easy to wipe off, etc- will hold up over time. I can go between formal and everyday with this as well.
It does have a small card pocket inside as FYI

Thanks! Is that the medium? It’s not as big as I thought. I was thinking it might look a bit more bulky than that. But this is great size for switching between formal and casual. Love the colour too! That’s my biggest disappointment about the sulpice chain wallet in the Maltese Lambskin is it only comes in black and red currently and I’d like either light pink/silver or possibly the natural or oak colours for summer. I already have two good black bags (a Chanel medium double flap classic, and a coach dreamer Lambskin).

View attachment 4352250View attachment 4352251

I have the medium envelope and love it!! It’s very versatile and the quilted leather is what drew me to it. It’s veryyyy durable leather, easy to wipe off, etc- will hold up over time. I can go between formal and everyday with this as well.
It does have a small card pocket inside as FYI
s that

Thanks! Is that the medium? It’s not as big as I thought. I was thinking it might look a bit more bulky than that. But this is great size for switching between formal and casual. Love the colour too! That’s my biggest disappointment about the sulpice chain wallet in the Maltese Lambskin is it only comes in black and red currently and I’d like either light pink/silver or possibly the natural or oak colours for summer. I already have two good black bags (a Chanel medium double flap classic, and a coach dreamer Lambskin).

s that

Yes it’s medium!
saw this review as well

The oak colour would work well as an all year around bag, kinda similar to a Chanel beige clair but a bit darker? I vote for the medium envelope too. I love mine. I got mine from ssense and it was under 3k cad.