Please help me choose a neutral summer Kelly :)

Which one of these colours for a 28 Kelly?

• Parchemin

• Poussiere

• Gold

• Etoupe or Gris T

Results are only viewable after voting.
Feb 15, 2009
So I'm getting a Kelly that I will be using mostly during the summer months but I'm completely undecided about the colour... I've narrowed it down to a couple of neutrals but I'm getting more and more confused :wacko:
In the summer I mostly wear white/cream/light gray clothes, I'm blonde and fair if that helps.
I was sure that I want a sellier epsom but now I'm not sure about that anymore, I'm afraid the angles might get ruined fast if I go for a light colour like parchemin :wacko: I LOVE both parchemin and poussiere but I'm afraid they're too sensitive?
Of course my choice will also depend on the availability of the colours and leather but I'd love to hear your opinion!
:ty:

My vote would be for Etoupe or Gris T. (I am not sure if Gris T. is available in Epsom though).
I think they look great with phw or ghw, you can't go wrong here.
I have a Gris T. Birkin with phw and I love it. Goes with almost everything.
Etoupe is also fabulous, especially with ghw.

My vote is Gold (with either hardware)—and I've spent a lot of time evaluating this very question for myself. My next Kelly will be a gold (or "natural" in some leather) for the warmer months. I like Etoupe, but with my natural warm highlights in my hair, and my hazel eyes, gold is a better choice for my coloring.

I am not at all sure all the colors you mention are currently available, did you think of Argile? It's a pale beige color, very versatile I think, and being new it should be readily available if you have a friendly and co-operative SA.

I just bought a Gris t Kelly with brushed palladium hardware. It is a retourner and is a very versatile bag. I have selliers and while I love them, the retourner style is much easier to use.
You can't go wrong with any of the beautiful colors listed.
Have you considered getting a color.....such as (gulp) ORANGE?
Such a fun and happy color. You would be amazed how well orange works...it is so Hermes.
I have an orange Birkin and carry it year round but predominantly in the Spring/Summer.
Now I consider orange to be a neutral.:smile:

I vote for etoupe with ghw.
Another thing if you are open to suggestions, in the summer you said you wear cream o white or other light colored clothes. I think it will be fun if you match it with 'pop' color.
My clothes are mostly neutral colors, mostly white and beige and i like to buy bags or accessories that are more colored, like orange or red or pink.
Good luck deciding! You are lucky enough to get a kelly :biggrin:

I was offered an Etoupe Kelly 28 together with my Ebene 32. While I purchased the Ebene, Etoupe or Gris T is on my next bag list. I did like the Etoupe and it's very cute in size 28, but the store would not allow me to purchase 2 Kellys in one go (plus my bank account wouldn't like it neither) and I felt that I would get more use of the Ebene given the darker colour.
I believe Etoupe is good for all seasons - good luck deciding, and looking forward to your reveal.

i have to tell yo parchemin is amazing its simply stunning in the summer as a subtle simple bag and beautiful in the winter with rich knits and cashmere caramel and ivory hues i very very much suggest parchemin !!!!!

P.S i second what fashionistaO said please don't get Gold ......its....... well its Gold

My vote is Gold (with either hardware)—and I've spent a lot of time evaluating this very question for myself. My next Kelly will be a gold (or "natural" in some leather) for the warmer months. I like Etoupe, but with my natural warm highlights in my hair, and my hazel eyes, gold is a better choice for my coloring.
I think that gold would be the smartest choice since it's such a classic colour. My colouring is cool so maybe the grey colour family would fit me better... But I think that gold is more classic, while the greys are more trendy at the moment.
Here is a picture from Your H in action thread (I hope the user doesn't mind me reposting it :smile:

Attachments

• DSC06014.jpg
    DSC06014.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 640
I am not at all sure all the colors you mention are currently available, did you think of Argile? It's a pale beige color, very versatile I think, and being new it should be readily available if you have a friendly and co-operative SA.
Thank you, I looked up argile and I love it, it looks very versatile! I guess it would be a good substitute for poussiere, since parchemin is lighter?

texasgirliegirl, sabrina85, I have considered a ''pop of colour'' but orange is the only colour that I really can't wear, it just doesn't suit me and pinks with my blonde hair look a bit, well, tacky. Maybe I'm wrong but I kind of prefer strong colours on brunettes.
Also, a neutral colour could be used during the winter also, I agree with birkel that parchemin looks dreamy with winter clothes