Please Help Me Choose A Mini

Iluvhaute

Nov 29, 2015
Hey Guys! I am trying to decide what color to purchase for my first mini.

A little about me, I am purchasing the mini because I going on a cruise in March. Along with my WOC in black caviar with GHW I want an additional bag option to carry.

I mainly wear black (when going out formally) and jeans. In the summer, it's mainly little dresses and skirts of all colors.

My choices will be between the Ivory Cruise rectangular mini or the pink. I'm hesitant on the pink since I don't really know how to style that with my clothes. I've seen designers come out with the pink bags for a while, are they supposed to be the new neutral bag?

I'm leaning towards the ivory. Hardware color is not really a deal breaker, but I am partial to GHW.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 770
  • IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 809
Hey Guys! I am trying to decide what color to purchase for my first mini.

A little about me, I am purchasing the mini because I going on a cruise in March. Along with my WOC in black caviar with GHW I want an additional bag option to carry.

I mainly wear black (when going out formally) and jeans. In the summer, it's mainly little dresses and skirts of all colors.

My choices will be between the Ivory Cruise rectangular mini or the pink. I'm hesitant on the pink since I don't really know how to style that with my clothes. I've seen designers come out with the pink bags for a while, are they supposed to be the new neutral bag?

I'm leaning towards the ivory. Hardware color is not really a deal breaker, but I am partial to GHW.

I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I also have the a similar choice. I'm trying to choose between the same ivory one and the chevron mini in tan (which is more like a nude color like your pink above).
Based on the fact that you are hesitant with the pink, I would go with the ivory. If you're on a vacation, you want something that will be more grab-and-go instead of thinking about if the bag matches with your outfit. Between the two pictured above, I like the ivory better because it looks fresh and more carefree.
Let us know which one you choose!

Think about the color palette. Pink is cool, so it goes well with cool colors (blue, pink, burgundy, purple, grey-scale). If you only wear cool colors, then both pink and ivory minis are good choices!

If you wear lots of warm colors (yellow, orange, coral, true red, green, brown-scale), then definitely go with the ivory/white. Pink is a no-no for orange and true red.

Black and white are neutral colors, so you can pick whatever combination you like.

Since you wear a lot of black clothes, I'd suggest to go with ivory/white mini. Jeans goes very well with white top and white purse. Looks nice and clean.

Last edited:
I'd go with the Ivory too! I think white bags are a gorgeous pop, especially with colourful outfits in the summer or a sexy jewel-toned dress for evenings. The pink is pretty too but it's perhaps a tad less versatile than the white.

Reactions: Chanel7Chanel
I really can't decide. :confused1:

I know I will reach for the white bag, but will I reach for the pink....? Not sure.

After reading all your responses the only thing I worry about, is can pink stand the test of time? I am trying not to sell any bags anymore, instead picking bags that I can love for years, so I'm a bit more selective. I have a fair share of designer bags, that I am now enjoying and hope to one day pass along to my daughter. She's 19 now. I wonder will a pink bag be in style in 5 years or so?

After reviewing this post, right now I'm wearing a gray sweater and black leggings. Could I wear pink with this outfit?

Think about the color palette. Pink is cool, so it goes well with cool colors (blue, pink, burgundy, purple, grey-scale). If you only wear cool colors, then both pink and ivory minis are good choices!

If you wear lots of warm colors (yellow, orange, coral, true red, green, brown-scale), then definitely go with the ivory/white. Pink is a no-no for orange and true red.

Black and white are neutral colors, so you can pick whatever combination you like.

Since you wear a lot of black clothes, I'd suggest to go with ivory/white mini. Jeans goes very well with white top and white purse. Looks nice and clean.

Thanks for this. I really didn't think along these lines!

I really can't decide. :confused1:

I know I will reach for the white bag, but will I reach for the pink....? Not sure.

After reading all your responses the only thing I worry about, is can pink stand the test of time? I am trying not to sell any bags anymore, instead picking bags that I can love for years, so I'm a bit more selective. I have a fair share of designer bags, that I am now enjoying and hope to one day pass along to my daughter. She's 19 now. I wonder will a pink bag be in style in 5 years or so?

After reviewing this post, right now I'm wearing a gray sweater and black leggings. Could I wear pink with this outfit?

Yes you can pair pink purses with cool (grey-scale) outfit. White and black are neither cool nor warm.

As I said, don't pair it with warm colors. You don't want a cool pink purse with warm green outfit (get a beige or caramel purse).

Reactions: Nieniechu
I love love this season's cruise ivory white caviar mini sooooo much and bought mine in square. So my vote goes to White mini. But all is personal preference and needs and both minis are very pretty. Good luck with your happy decision ;)

Reactions: Chanel7Chanel