Please help me choose a Diorama WOC

Pagan

Sep 6, 2017
DA92CD05-E2EA-4D6C-8D42-C464C04B4D6E.jpeg 72518ED7-B636-4CF2-B6D4-8081197A35C3.jpeg

I have decided to add a Diorama WOC to my collection and am having trouble deciding beteeen two. I currently have two Lady Dior clutches that I love; one in black abd the other powder pink. Both are lambskin.

My basic neutrals are covered but I can’t resist the Diorama. My favourite colour is red but I also adore this metallic version. I wear yellow gold and prefer gold hardware.

Does the metallic leather wear well? This will not be an everyday bag but one I’d use to go out for dinner, the theatre/ballet, an evening event, etc. I also looked at the Micro Cannage version but it’s stiffer and I have a fairly large phone.

Any recommendations? Both are beautiful and I’m trying to avoid buying both as I did with the Lady Dior. My needs are really met with those two but I just can’t resist adding a Diorama.l as well. :smile:

Edit: The typo in the title is driving me crazy but I can’t seem to edit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lovieluvslux
I knowwwww. I keep going back and forth. It’s a beautiful red and a seasonal colour; I almost bought it because of that but the gold, the gold....

I just bought the metallic silver with gold hardware and I’m so impressed (my first Dior). [emoji7]I think the leather will wear well (better than other metallics) and the quality is amazing. I’m always drawn to gold and ghw and I adore the combo of red with gold hardware!

Reactions: Greentea
You have a hard decision. The red is gorgeous and so is the metallic. I would lean toward the metallic as an evening bag. It offers just the right amount of sparkle, but the red can work as well.

Reactions: Pagan
I love the red it's a very beautiful shade of red and it's also a timeless "pop" of colour that you can dress down or up regardless of an occasion or outfit.

I also like the metallic but I consider it almost too neutral. But this is just my opinion. I think clutches/wocs can be a nice pop since they are small and are a good emphasis to an outfit.

Reactions: Pagan
I’d wear that metallic woc casually with boyfriend jeans and a white tee any day. The red is amazing too. I had an Hermes bag that same red and it matched a lot but I realized I preferred true reds more and let it go to a new home. Really you can’t go wrong though. Get the one you can’t stop thinking about

If you're not going for the micro-Cannage gold one, then I suggest the red. The soft grained metallic gold leather will show rubbing overtime as the waxy finish on top (which gives it the metallic sheen) will rub off over time. If you're careful and don't use the bag often, then it won't show this wear for a long time, but I personally wouldn't like to worry that it can even happen at all one day.

Reactions: Aluxe and Pagan
Thank you all; I’m going to go woth the red. Maybe I’ll add a micro-cannage later because I know I would have fun with a gold bag and dress it up or down. Thanks for the head’s up about the wear on the metallic leather, AJ. I knew I had read something about wear but wasn’t sure if it was this one or the micro-cannage.

I have a red bag already (Polene no 1) but it’s much larger. This is a gorgeous red and I consider it almost a neutral; it will go with blacks, canel tones, greys, denim, white/cream...anything really. I will likely reach for it more often because I love red so much.

Thank you all for the help. I’ll post pics when I bring it home.

Thank you all; I’m going to go woth the red. Maybe I’ll add a micro-cannage later because I know I would have fun with a gold bag and dress it up or down. Thanks for the head’s up about the wear on the metallic leather, AJ. I knew I had read something about wear but wasn’t sure if it was this one or the micro-cannage.

I have a red bag already (Polene no 1) but it’s much larger. This is a gorgeous red and I consider it almost a neutral; it will go with blacks, canel tones, greys, denim, white/cream...anything really. I will likely reach for it more often because I love red so much.

Thank you all for the help. I’ll post pics when I bring it home.

I think you've made a great choice. I have a similar Dior red and it goes with almost everything. Even rich purples, oddly enough. Something tells me you'll love it.

Be sure to share when it arrives!

Reactions: Pagan and Greentea