Please help me choose a bag!

1. Hi,

First time posting and long-time fan of the site! My name is Emma and I am 16 years old. I am looking to purchase my first designer bag and I just wanted some feedback into deciding which bag is most suitable for me. I don't mind a larger bag or smaller bag but I find myself leaning towards a tinier bag. The options I am considering are:
    1. LV Neverfull MM in Damier Ebene
    2. Chanel WOC in Black Caviar
    3. Classic YSL Crossbody in black/silver without the tassel
    4. Mini Givenchy Antigona or Lucrezia in black (I think my mum has called dibs on this bag)
    5. Gucci Disco Bag
    6. LV Alma BB in Damier Ebene
    7. Celine Nano Luggage in Black
    8. Prada Wallet On Chain

Thank you so much in advance and hopefully I can pick a bag I will dearly love. :smile:

2. Congratulations on buying your first bag!! It totally depends of what you would use the most and how much you want to spend.

The neverfull could be used as a daily bag, and is incredibly durable. I bought my daughter her never full when she went to college and she has used it ever since. Four years later and it is still going strong!
    Personally I have never liked the Chanel WOC, as I find it too small to be used (Though a mini or a medium classic is perfect for shopping!!) Though if you are looking for a Chanel starter bag, that may be a great choice! Also, caviar is indestructible, and therefore will stand the test of time.
    I am unfamiliar with the YSL, though if it is the one I am thinking of, its gorg! My problem with YSL, is that I don't find their products to be of the highest quality.... (their makeup though :biggrin:)
    The Lucrezia is more classic than the trendier antigona, though I personally like the antigona better.... Either one is nice for a younger person as they are both very stylish and not too "old".
    I love the Gucci disco, as it is incredibly useful and you get a lot for what you spend. Out of all of the bags on this list, its probably the best bang for your buck. The leather is also incredible!
    I've never been a fan of the Alma, and even less so in canvas. That being said, it is still a very nice and useful bag, though it does not hold a huge amount in the BB size.
    The Celine nano is a great bag. Nice size without being too small. Once again, its youthful styling and trendiness make it nice for someone young, like yourself. Though price wise, it is a little steep at $2700
    I am unfamiliar with the Prada. I will say, Prada is a great brand that makes some wonderful things!

My top three for you would be (in no order)
    The LV Neverfull
    Gucci Disco
    Celine Nano Luggage

I hope this helped a bit, and congrats again on your first designer bag!!

ammosthete and kquyenie like this.
  3. #6, have fun picking!

4. Surprise surprise, being the Luggage Tote anti-fan that I am, I'd go for the Nano. It's compact yet spacious, versatile and also very "young". IDK your personal preference, but I feel like a Celine is more at home with a younger person than most of the other styles you listed.
    Whatever you choose to buy, congrats in advance - I hope the experience is smooth and memorable!:tup:

5. Agree with everything DrMom said. Given your age and how you'll be using the bag, I'd recommend the following:

1. Buy first: The LV Neverfull - great for everyday use - especially when you are in college. You can throw books, laptop, ipad, everything in here. It will be the most functional bag you own, and never goes out of style. I always envied people who owned Neverfulls when I was at uni (and only had the budget to carry Le Pliage bags).
    2. Next up: Gucci Disco - if you plan to go out with friends / go partying, this is a great choice. Buy it in a darker color so you won't be sad when someone spills something on it, or when you get caught in the rain. :smile:
    3. Runner up: Prada Wallet on Chain - well, it's a daily use wallet AND a going-out bag all in one... so there's definitely value for money here! Also a classic.

6. I'd say neverfull! Such a useful first bag that will never go out of date.

7. I say the NF !!! You can carry a ton in that bag . Have it for a long time without it looking dated :smile:

8. NF

9. Either 1 or 6! The Neverfull is great literally for everything you want to carry. It makes an awesome everyday. In the case you don't carry much, the alma bb can make a great bag. It's versatile and carries just the essentials. Let us know what you decide.

10. 1 or 2; both should be more durable the your other options, and are the two choices that are the most timeless.

11. 1 or 5 depending on whether you need a bigger or smaller bag (although you can get surprisingly a lot in a Soho Disco)

The very best of luck