Please help me choose a 225 reissue

Which 225 reissue (black with GHW) would you choose?

• Aged Calfskin

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Chevron

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Grained Calfskin

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Longtime lurker, please help me pick a 225 black reissue with gold hardware! I'm deciding between the aged calfskin classic and the seasonal chevron (picture below). For reference, my Chanel family currently includes a 226 black reissue, aged calfskin with SHW; black caviar WOC with SHW; black caviar GST with SWH; and large black seasonal crave bag with SHW. I love the aged calfskin, but the chevron would be different from anything I own and it looks quite elegant. Not sure how the chevron holds up in terms of quality since it would be new to me. An added twist: I prefer to buy from Nordstrom, but it appears that they only have the chevron and won't be getting the aged calfskin any time soon. Finally, I also see that there's a grained calfskin reissue on the Chanel website that I haven't seen in person, and would welcome feedback: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...d-calfskin.16K.A37586Y2549894305.sto.ico.html

Would love some opinions from the experts! Thanks so much!

upload_2017-1-16_23-0-2.png

Reactions: chicnfab
I would go with the aged calfskin (because its Coco's design), but u should try all on and see which u love best. But looking at your current collection the chevron makes the most "sense".

Longtime lurker, please help me pick a 225 black reissue with gold hardware! I'm deciding between the aged calfskin classic and the seasonal chevron (picture below). For reference, my Chanel family currently includes a 226 black reissue, aged calfskin with SHW; black caviar WOC with SHW; black caviar GST with SWH; and large black seasonal crave bag with SHW. I love the aged calfskin, but the chevron would be different from anything I own and it looks quite elegant. Not sure how the chevron holds up in terms of quality since it would be new to me. An added twist: I prefer to buy from Nordstrom, but it appears that they only have the chevron and won't be getting the aged calfskin any time soon. Finally, I also see that there's a grained calfskin reissue on the Chanel website that I haven't seen in person, and would welcome feedback: http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fashion...d-calfskin.16K.A37586Y2549894305.sto.ico.html

Would love some opinions from the experts! Thanks so much!

View attachment 3576858

I'd go with the aged calfskin as it's the total classic, unless you feel that is redundant since you have a 226 in that leather. I don't love the narrow chevron quilting on the one you pictured, but that's personal preference. I've seen the one in your link IRL. The caviar is very shiny and the gold is very gold, if that makes sense. I felt like there was a lot going on with all the different directions of chevron and quilting.

I don't know if you're wedded to gold hardware, but there is a So Black Chevron Reissue that just came out for spring. The chevron pattern is wider, the hardware is black, and it is stunning, IMO. I'm reallly tempted by it, but I don't feel I wear my aged black reissue enough to justify getting another black reissue. First world problems!