Please help me choose 30 or 35?

wishgirl

Jan 11, 2014
Hi everyone,
I have a Speedy B DE 30. I use her as my work bag. I would like to get another bag to rotate her to give her a break once in awhile. So the bag I want to get is a regular Speedy DE 30 or 35? Since I have the Speedy B already, I don't want to get another Speedy B, because when I get to work I just put her into my locker and she sits there until I take her home. So it just boils down to size 30 or 35? As of now my size 30 fits everything perfectly. I don't mind getting a larger size, for work I sometimes carry more than what fits in my 30 now. Should I get 35, since I already have a size 30? Is size 35 too big? TIA.

Last edited:
You should get the size that works for you. I have a 35 and love it. I love the sag of the 35, it really depends on what you like though. Can you try on at a store?

You should get the size that works for you. I have a 35 and love it. I love the sag of the 35, it really depends on what you like though. Can you try on at a store?
i agree, you need to get what suits you. that being said, i use the speedy b in a 30 and the regular speedy in 35. the advantages for me with the 35 are the wider mouth opening and the flexibility to carry more with lots of space . i also like the sag but that is personal preference. good luck, either way the speedy is the best!

I got a 35 because I like the sag better. I tend to favor bigger bags. I had wanted the Neverfull GM when I was considering my Neverfull. In the end that was too cumbersome, so I got the MM. I was nervous ordering my preowned 35, because what if it was too cumbersome like the Neverfull GM ended up being? But in the end, I love it! It definitely does not look too big!! Being 5'0, but not slight or tiny, I can pull it off. I think it's nice to have different sizes.

35! Love the sag and much bigger opening that makes it so much easier to get in and out. Might look odd if you are tinier than the bag though. Otherwise, go for it!

I had the 35 without the strap and found it too big, strangely, I bought the 35 again with the strap and found it perfect when carried with its long strap.

Have you considered maybe getting the 30 in a different print? At least you know the 30 works for you already. Best of luck deciding.

I'm a speedy fan. My favorite speedy is the monogram 35. It's timeless and classic. Since you have the 30 already and may carry more for work from time to time, 35 is a good choice!

A4 paper folders fit into a 35 perfectly. You won't have to fold your documents.

Speedy 35, but maybe in mono? But remember the bigger bag you have, the more you have the tendency to put things into it and it can be heavy. You will not have the option of the shoulder/cross body of the speedy b. I have both speedy b's in 30(mono) and 35(DE).

I really love the DE 35, but it really depends if it fits you. If you can I would go to a boutique and try it. I have a Idylle 30 B and I do like it, but prefer the 35 due to by body frame (I'm pretty tall!).

Either way can't really go wrong with a speedy!! GLD :smile:

I love my 35's. I like the bigger opening and I find the size perfect. I'm 5'6 btw. I don't like really saggy bags so I just use a file folder at the bottom - which is perfect! No added weight and nothing that would hurt the interior corners of the bag.

Speedy 35, but maybe in mono? But remember the bigger bag you have, the more you have the tendency to put things into it and it can be heavy. You will not have the option of the shoulder/cross body of the speedy b. I have both speedy b's in 30(mono) and 35(DE).
+1 have the same speedy B's in the same canvases and no regrets whatsoever