Please help me build a cross-body collection...

bem3231

O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
Hi all...

Long story short, I have a 20 month old daughter and suddenly find that I could really use some cross-body bags. Since my daughter was born, my bags that have been getting the most use are the big ones, as I double them as a diaper bag when I'm out with her and never have time to change back to anything smaller. I've been using my Azur Totally GM, my Monogram Delightful GM, and my Mon Monogram Neverful GM a lot.

Now that I want to go hands free, I'm debating on styles and sizes. I would really like a go-to bag that I don't have to worry about regardless of the weather (or sticky fingers), so I'm definitely planning to get a Bloomsbury. I have tried on the PM, but the GM seems to be sold out everywhere that I've been lately. I don't live right next to a boutique anymore, but will be at one next week. They have brought a Bloomsbury GM in for me to try, but I'll have to decide between the GM and the PM pretty much on the spot.

I also really like the Menilmontant, and so am thinking of picking up one of those as well. I'm thinking that the MM size would suit me best.

I have Eva in mono and damier, but find that they are usually too small for my needs. I have a neo-cabby GM but find that it is not very comfortable carried cross-body, and I worry about spills, etc. While I would welcome the opportunity to get away from the huge sized bags that I've been carrying, I would like cross-body bags that are big enough that I am not constantly swearing as I try to pack them and find stuff. That said, my daughter is at the age when I don't need to travel with as much stuff as when she was a baby. I regularly carry a zippy wallet, a mini pochette, a pen case, a Tom Ford Sunglasses case, an agenda PM and, sometimes, a poche cosmetique.

I realize that I may not be able to carry all of these items in the bags that I'm considering, especially the Bloomsbury PM. Ideally, I'd like to be able to carry a ziploc with a few wipes and an extra diaper as well.

Can anyone give me pros/cons to help me decide between the PM and GM in the Bloomsbury? I prefer the shape of the PM, but I've seen modeling pics of the GM and I think that it still looks cute (btw I'm 5'9").

If I plan on getting the Menilmontant MM, in your opinion would the Bloomsbury PM or GM be a better choice in terms of rounding out my collection?

Finally, are there other bags that I should be considering? I also really like the looks of the Siracusa MM (and I love that it has a zipper), but am worried about color transfer from jeans, etc. given that I plan to use it cross-body.

I appreciate any and all feedback and suggestions - thank you!! :smile:

Hands down the speedy b..I have a 2 year old and I just purchased one and I'm in love. Not only can it be worn cross body, but can be shortened o fit on the shoulder and can be carried by hand. So versatile..I have e 30

I just got back from Louis Vuitton trying on the Menilmontant PM and MM and Bloomsbury PM. Out of the 3, I really prefer the Menilmontant MM because of the space and design. The Menilmontant PM would probably only have room for the Zippy Wallet and maybe a cellphone in the main compartment without expanding the bag. I don't like how the Bloomsbury PM is shaped kinda like a trapezoid but it is still a gorgeous design and very versatile.

Hi! I think if you're getting the Meni MM which is supposed to be like 14 x 10 with some depth (pretty big imo) you'd do fine to compliment your collection with a Bloomsbury PM! I think the GM would be about the same capacity as your Meni. The PM though is surprisingly roomy still... I posted this in the Clubhouse and it truly fits everything I need (as a mom of 2). It's not going to hold an extra outfit and diapers or anything.. But the PM can be used when you're on your own too, for shopping/errands not as full/flatter, and look smaller and cute! I agree it is a nicer shape than the GM. If you want to use it for baby gear pretty much only, then go for the GM, you're tall enough that it would work well on you too I think! As for the PM, here was my 'what's inside' post: http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu...r-bloomsbury-club-417728-28.html#post20481388

Good luck deciding! :smile:

I love the Bloomsbury! Both sizes are attractive, but I prefer the GM, just because I usually tend to prefer big bags. Either way, if you go with the Bloomsbury you'll have a stylish crossbody bag that you won't have to worry about as far as maintenance. The GM is on my wishlist, actually.

I would def get the Bloomie GM You are tall so you could pull it off. I would also check out the Speedy B. I have a 2 year old and it really comes in handy. I take a diaper in there and also small thing of wipes.

Have you had a look at the Saumur (30)? It's the best cross body bag I've ever owned (regrettably sold it a few years ago, want to re-buy it some day). It holds a ton more than you'd expect. I own the Bloomsbury PM and I think it'll be too small for your needs

I'm about your height btw

I am in the situation with my 8 month-old daughter. I will often use my bigger LVs when with her in lieu of a diaper bag. I sold my mono speedy after she was born and got the speedy B 30, which has been great. I also just bought an Odeon MM, and I think that will be a great crossbody option as well. I love it already. Since it is pre-loved, it already has a tan and I don't have to worry about the vachetta as much! I long for the Bloomsbury too...maybe someday!

Since this thread is about crossbody bags, I have a question about the speedy B 25, Does the strap dig into your shoulder, specifically the buckle? Today the manager at LV talked me out of purchasing it becuase she said she owns the 25 and that is is uncomfortable when worn as a crossbody because of where the buckle hits her. Anyone else have this problem? TIA

Idylle speedy is another that makes a great crossbody!

Another vote for the Idylle Speedy! :tup:

Since this thread is about crossbody bags, I have a question about the speedy B 25, Does the strap dig into your shoulder, specifically the buckle? Today the manager at LV talked me out of purchasing it becuase she said she owns the 25 and that is is uncomfortable when worn as a crossbody because of where the buckle hits her. Anyone else have this problem? TIA

Actually the Speedy B only comes in the 30 size.

As for your question, I noticed that too as the buckle was just hitting my left shoulder so I just unhooked them at both ends and switched sides. Now it's more comfortable!