Please help Marcie owners...

Summer

O.G.
Mar 4, 2006
Hi ladies. I purchased a small Chloe Marcie satchel. I haven't used it yet but I noticed there are cracks in the sealant where the flap attaches to the body of the bag, where the crossbody strap attaches to the purse. Does this happen with these bags? I'm just wondering if this is a defect or a natural occurrence that will happen over time with these bags, simply with use. I'm concerned that this bag doesn't seem very durable. Please let me know. I'm wondering if I should exchange or simply return. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20191015_175631.jpg
    20191015_175631.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 20191015_175602.jpg
    20191015_175602.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 201
I noticed the stitching is not as well done as I would expect for a designer bag.

Attachments

• 20191015_101353.jpg
    20191015_101353.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 208
  • 20191015_101333.jpg
    20191015_101333.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 20191015_101343.jpg
    20191015_101343.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 211
My large Marcie has been used many times and is very durable, But the stitching on yours looks pretty bad, i'd ask for a exchange or refund.

Thank you so much! How long have you had your bag? Your bag is beautiful. It appears to have a different style of finish, there are two separate edges whereas mine is one, sealed together. Interesting. I kept hearing people say their Chloe Marcie bags look absolutely brand new, even after years of use. I think most likely there are small cracks in the edge paint but perhaps they are barely noticeable and minor? It's just a little disheartening since I already looked over a couple of bags Nordstrom had and they had glaring defects. I'm going back to exchange my bag tomorrow. I hope I can find a decent one.

Hi ladies. I purchased a small Chloe Marcie satchel. I haven't used it yet but I noticed there are cracks in the sealant where the flap attaches to the body of the bag, where the crossbody strap attaches to the purse. Does this happen with these bags? I'm just wondering if this is a defect or a natural occurrence that will happen over time with these bags, simply with use. I'm concerned that this bag doesn't seem very durable. Please let me know. I'm wondering if I should exchange or simply return. Thanks in advance.
Hi! Just wondering how you’ve made out with the cracking? I just bought a Haley 2nd hand and there’s cracks. Wondering if I should return it or keep it

The cracks in the glazing in that spot happened on both of mine, and I think that's to be expected - I've had edge coating on other bags that developed cracks over time. The stitching is more concerning though, so I'd see about an exchange.

The cracks in the glazing in that spot happened on both of mine, and I think that's to be expected - I've had edge coating on other bags that developed cracks over time. The stitching is more concerning though, so I'd see about an exchange.

And did the Cracks in the glazing become a big problem? I bought a 2nd hand Chloe Hayley. It’s gorgeous with the exception of the cracking. It’s not terrible, I just notice everything. Do you think it’s something I could tackle myself with Edge Kote? I’ve never used it before but they sell it on amazon I saw. I can return the bag, but I only paid 500$ for it and the same bag is going for more than that

And did the Cracks in the glazing become a big problem? I bought a 2nd hand Chloe Hayley. It’s gorgeous with the exception of the cracking. It’s not terrible, I just notice everything. Do you think it’s something I could tackle myself with Edge Kote? I’ve never used it before but they sell it on amazon I saw. I can return the bag, but I only paid 500$ for it and the same bag is going for more than that
Do you think it’s even something I should be concerned with?

Do you think it’s even something I should be concerned with?
You can't really see the cracks on the Marcie edging from normal distance and as long as you don't have a habit of picking at things, it should stay intact. I'm not sure about the Hayley. That's a more rigid style. One concern I had with Edge Kote is that it is not waterproof and if it gets wet, I've read that it can leave marks on your clothing or hands.

You can't really see the cracks on the Marcie edging from normal distance and as long as you don't have a habit of picking at things, it should stay intact. I'm not sure about the Hayley. That's a more rigid style. One concern I had with Edge Kote is that it is not waterproof and if it gets wet, I've read that it can leave marks on your clothing or hands.
I did read that. Maybe I shouldn’t attempt it by myself thank you for answering:smile:

Reactions: tickedoffchick