Please help! Lizard Embossed Leather

Thanks for your reply, Rere. I guess it all makes sense that the corners will rub. Is there any way to protect against this? Other than using the bag more gently? I'm including pictures here--sorry if they aren't the clearest! The lighting wasn't the best, so the rubbing should be more of a dull, muted black color.

picture.php

Last edited:
I would try conditioning it to make the corners darker and blend with the rest of the bag. I've used Apple conditioner and they've minimized the look of scratches. I know LMB does restoration work, but I'm not sure if they can restore the lizard embossing for the corners. I guess the only way to prevent it from getting worse is to not set the bag down too much. Good luck!

^^I agree with what Jira has said; I would condition the corners so that it doesn't appear as bad. Other than that, you might want to consider (if possible) switching the bags around a bit. I've been using my Lizard City every day since I got it, but just today I thought .. "it's time to switch it out and use another bag". Unfortunately, given it's design, the corners are the first area that shows wear.

^^ Totally. Since the Lizard bags are a little stiffer, its only proper that the corners wear easier since they jut out moreso than some other bbags. I'd use conditioner too, to minimize the color difference.

Some girls have used things like LMB's Shine Restore on corners to protect them. But I don't know how that would do on a Lizard leather bag.

Thanks so much for your advice and suggestions, Jira, CeeJay, and Rere! It's very appreciated! I will carefully condition the corners and have also switched it out for a different bag. The Lizard Embossed bags are made with "Veau" leather, so I guess it's a lot more sensitive.

I SOOOOOOO love my Black Lizard City, but noticed the other day that one of the 'monkeys' (aka: my little kitties) must have somehow scraped her very sharp claw against my bag .. 'cos now I have a scratch on it. While it's not deep (more like a surface mar), does anyone know if there is some type of leather glue (or something) that I could do to fix it ... I'm SUPER bummed!!!!