Please help LisaG get a new LV!

LisaG719

Living life...
O.G.
Jun 16, 2006
Morning Guys and Gals!

Yesterday afternoon DH and I went to dinner at Zao Noodle Bar. During the dinner conversation DH was telling me how his order of Mongolian Beef was healthy and part of his diet. I proceeded to tell him that a meal like that must have atleast 1200 calories. He vehemently denied this and said that if it did he would buy me a new bag! This is where I need your help. Please help me find out how many calories are in this meal. I tried looking online while at the restaurant and came up with nothing. I even asked the server and was advised that they only have a list of ingredients available but no nutritional information.

The website lists the meal as:
"MONGOLIAN BEEF:
Tender beef stir fried with bamboo shoots and scallions in our spicy Mongolian sauce served over Jasmine rice."

All I need is a website or some source that I can send to him to show him that I am correct. :boxing:

I am thisclose to a brand new bag! :yahoo:

Depending on the serving size, I think you have a new LV coming!

Here is a recipe from allrecipes.com:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mongolian-Beef-II/Detail.aspx

One serving of the beef (w/o rice) has 349 calories. Assuming the restaurant portion equalled two servings (they usually do) that is 700 calories already.

One cup of jasmine rice (cooked) has 205 calories. I am sure the restaurant portion was at least two cups.

If your DH had the beef (700 calories) and two cups of rice (410 calories) he consumed 1110 calories total. Close enough for you to win, IMO!

Let us know which LV you get! :yes:

Did you try calorieking.com? You will probably have to go through each thing individually, then add them all up. Keep in mind the serving sizes that are used to calculate calories are pretty small, so you may have to double the calorie amounts. Good luck.

Good luck on your search. I wish I could help. I am sure someone here will have the answers.

Thanks Dear! :flowers:

Depending on the serving size, I think you have a new LV coming!

Here is a recipe from allrecipes.com:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mongolian-Beef-II/Detail.aspx

One serving of the beef along has 349 calories. Assuming the restaurant portion equalled two servings (they usually do) that is 700 calories already.

One cup of jasmine rice (cooked) has 205 calories.

If your DH had the beef (700 calories) and two cups of rice (410 calories) he consumed 1110 calories total. Close enough for you to win, IMO!

Let us know which LV you get! :yes:

You are fantastic - thank you!! That's not even counting all the sauce and sprouts/veggies! Plus, I know there was more than one cup of jasmine rice as well. The entire bottom of the bowl was rice. Ohhh boy I am getting excited! :yahoo:

Any other website I can provide? DH is a pretty picky person and I need all the research and proof I can come by. :nuts:

Did you try calorieking.com? You will probably have to go through each thing individually, then add them all up. Keep in mind the serving sizes that are used to calculate calories are pretty small, so you may have to double the calorie amounts. Good luck.

I tried calorieking for looking up the whole meal but I didn't try breaking down the ingredients. Genius! Thanks for the suggestion!!

^^Google mongolian beef calorie information and then jasmine rice calorie information and you will get a long list of websites that provide additional info. Good luck!

Dottie's Weight loss Zone has Mongolian Beef (from PF Changs) listed as:
Mongolian Beef (1180 cal/73 g fat/0 g fiber/29 g carbs) 30

This Mongolian BBQ place has a break down of how many calories are in each part of the meal!

I hope you win!!!

Dottie's Weight loss Zone has Mongolian Beef (from PF Changs) listed as:
Mongolian Beef (1180 cal/73 g fat/0 g fiber/29 g carbs) 30

This Mongolian BBQ place has a break down of how many calories are in each part of the meal!

I hope you win!!!

I mentioned PF Changs listing to him while at dinner since it was the only one I could find on Calorieking.com. He is under the impression that Zao's would have less calories. His reasoning is that in his opinion there is less sauce on the Zao version. I think he is fooling himself. Are they calculating the rice? DH believes that rice is considered part of the meal at PF Changs but I was thinking that it was served separately and there fore not calculated in the calorie number. What do you guys think? :confused1: