Please help ladies and gents!

May 25, 2006
So I'm having a bit of a dilemma need some help. I'm having a baby and looking for a diaper bag which I really don't want a diaper bag looking bag. So I bought a Gucci tote and a Louis Vuitton cabas mezzo bag. I can't decide which would be better to use for a diaper bag. Which one should I keep or do I just keep both? IMG_1493527208.718561.jpg IMG_1493527229.138075.jpg

May 25, 2006
Any thoughts ladies? Anyone have the Louis Vuitton and use it for s diaper bag? Which insert fits best in the bag?

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Brazil
I personally prefer the Cabas Mezzo. I love the Cabas line and find it super gorgeous. Plus you can still keep using the bag after you don't need a diaper bag anymore. I found this Gucci tote way too plain.

Reactions: MarLoLV

j19

Julia
Apr 3, 2016
I personally prefer the Cabas Mezzo. I love the Cabas line and find it super gorgeous. Plus you can still keep using the bag after you don't need a diaper bag anymore. I found this Gucci tote way too plain.
I agree, I love the cabas totes and would be a great purse or diaper bag

Miss Krys

Jun 14, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
So I'm having a bit of a dilemma need some help. I'm having a baby and looking for a diaper bag which I really don't want a diaper bag looking bag. So I bought a Gucci tote and a Louis Vuitton cabas mezzo bag. I can't decide which would be better to use for a diaper bag. Which one should I keep or do I just keep both? View attachment 3683555 View attachment 3683556
I'm going to go against the grain here, especially on the LV forum, but the Gucci gets my vote on this one. It doesn't have vachetta leather, which makes it more worry-free, and its cloth canvas and interior, as well as its treated leather, can be thoroughly washed and sanitized in the case of spills and other accidents. The last thing you'll want to baby when you have a baby is a bag (say that five times fast:P)

gillianna

O.G.
Dec 27, 2005
I like the LV one better. I used my LV Large Noe as a diaper bag. It worked out great. I already had the bag before kids and loved at how sturdy the strap was and I could just add a pouchette in it to carry my things. I am on edge who does clean/condition and waterproof her purses and had my Noe for over 23 years before 8 gave it to my best friend and it was still in excellent condition.

I only had two Gucci purses ages ago and were not impressed with them. The purses had rubbing on the corners and I noticed it with a few friends who carried Gucci too. I was very careful with my purses so this alone turned me off from every buying anything from them again. I never had any rubbing with my LV bags.

Have you carried both purses to see which feels more comfortable? The Gucci straps look shorter? Would strap length be important?

BagLadyT

Life is short, buy the lambskin!
Apr 2, 2016
So I'm having a bit of a dilemma need some help. I'm having a baby and looking for a diaper bag which I really don't want a diaper bag looking bag. So I bought a Gucci tote and a Louis Vuitton cabas mezzo bag. I can't decide which would be better to use for a diaper bag. Which one should I keep or do I just keep both? View attachment 3683555 View attachment 3683556
For me, LV. If something was to get on the canvas you could wipe it off easily. Also, I happen to like LV better. :cool:

May 25, 2006
I like the LV one better. I used my LV Large Noe as a diaper bag. It worked out great. I already had the bag before kids and loved at how sturdy the strap was and I could just add a pouchette in it to carry my things. I am on edge who does clean/condition and waterproof her purses and had my Noe for over 23 years before 8 gave it to my best friend and it was still in excellent condition.

I only had two Gucci purses ages ago and were not impressed with them. The purses had rubbing on the corners and I noticed it with a few friends who carried Gucci too. I was very careful with my purses so this alone turned me off from every buying anything from them again. I never had any rubbing with my LV bags.

Have you carried both purses to see which feels more comfortable? The Gucci straps look shorter? Would strap length be important?
Yes I have tired both bags and the LV straps are longer and much more comfortable. The Gucci one is shorter so it keeps falling off my shoulder. Which insert did you use for your LV? With my last 2 children I had the Gucci tote diaper bag and the Gucci regular diaper bag and both got so bad with the fabric the corners frayed and the fabric got discolored I ended up selling both of them. And now I'm pregnant again and thinking the LV might be a better choice. I wanted to do the neverfull GM but I hate that I see so many people with it lol...

Sonmi999

Backpack lover
Jul 4, 2016
Brazil
Yes I have tired both bags and the LV straps are longer and much more comfortable. The Gucci one is shorter so it keeps falling off my shoulder. Which insert did you use for your LV? With my last 2 children I had the Gucci tote diaper bag and the Gucci regular diaper bag and both got so bad with the fabric the corners frayed and the fabric got discolored I ended up selling both of them. And now I'm pregnant again and thinking the LV might be a better choice. I wanted to do the neverfull GM but I hate that I see so many people with it lol...
If the strap of the Gucci tote keeps falling off your shoulder, I definitely wouldn't choose it. It will probably drive you crazy.

Reactions: j19 and MarLoLV

Lisa_S

Mar 31, 2017
I vote for the LV! Back in 2007 before my son was born, I got the Saleya GM tote in Damier Ebene Canvas. I used it as a diaper bag for both him and my daughter when she was born in 2010. Canvas could be wiped if needed and great size! Now it still looks as good as it did 10 years ago and is a great tote for travel, etc.

IMG_1009.JPG

May 25, 2006
I vote for the LV! Back in 2007 before my son was born, I got the Saleya GM tote in Damier Ebene Canvas. I used it as a diaper bag for both him and my daughter when she was born in 2010. Canvas could be wiped if needed and great size! Now it still looks as good as it did 10 years ago and is a great tote for travel, etc.

View attachment 3684422
What a beautiful bag!!! That's exactly what I'm thinking easy to keep clean with wipes. Which insert did you use to organize the baby things?

Lisa_S

Mar 31, 2017
What a beautiful bag!!! That's exactly what I'm thinking easy to keep clean with wipes. Which insert did you use to organize the baby things?
I used the outside front zipper portion for my stuff - phone, small wallet, keys, so it was separate from the baby stuff....as for inside the bag, I didn't have any SLG at the time for organizing. I found the bag was structured enough to keep things organized. I had a small plastic container of wipes, diaper changing pad, a few diapers/cream, and a plastic bag for dirty diapers at one end of the bag, then a clean outfit, a couple of receiving blankets, and a soother (clipped to the sell phone slot) on the other side. A bottle or two fit on top. I could see everything and the bag wasn't too heavy to hang on the stroller or my shoulder.

Reactions: 1LV