Please Help Item SNAD!!!!!

Do not withdraw the PayPal claim until you have the refund in your PayPal account. She is trying to con you. Ship the bag back with signature confirmation, and if she does not refund your full amount, escalate to a claim. If you have already escalated to a claim, let her know that you will not back down until you have all of your money back (including original shipping charge). Also, please don't do anything yet regarding mutually withdrawing from a transaction so that she can get her listing fees. She knows what she sold you. It's horrible that you have to go through this, but wait on your full refund before doing anything that she asks of you.

This is where I'm confused. Right now I filed a paypal claim (haven't escalated it to a dispute yet) I read on paypal's site that once the seller refunds the money the claim automatically closes and you can't reopen a new one so what if she only issues me a partial refund, will the claim automatically close and I'll be stuck with only a partial refund? :confused1:

This is where I'm confused. Right now I filed a paypal claim (haven't escalated it to a dispute yet) I read on paypal's site that once the seller refunds the money the claim automatically closes and you can't reopen a new one so what if she only issues me a partial refund, will the claim automatically close and I'll be stuck with only a partial refund? :confused1:

Hi, I had to call PayPal about another matter, so I asked your question also. According to the PP rep that I spoke to, unless the full amount (price of the item and original shipping cost) is refunded, the claim will NOT automatically close. If you as the buyer are willing to accept only the cost of the item, you may close it. But until the entire amount is refunded, you do not have to worry about it automatically closing. So you will not be stuck with a partial refund. I hope this reassures you somewhat. I've been there too and I know how scary and awful it feels.

Hi, I had to call PayPal about another matter, so I asked your question also. According to the PP rep that I spoke to, unless the full amount (price of the item and original shipping cost) is refunded, the claim will NOT automatically close. If you as the buyer are willing to accept only the cost of the item, you may close it. But until the entire amount is refunded, you do not have to worry about it automatically closing. So you will not be stuck with a partial refund. I hope this reassures you somewhat. I've been there too and I know how scary and awful it feels.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, JJ!!! :love: You have completely answered my question. I am so thankful for your help. I was going to call them but their site says they only speak with the account holder and our account is in my boyfriend's name so I was afraid they wouldn't speak with me. I am planning on mailing my purse back today. Hopefully she gives me a full refund.

Hi, you are so welcome! You're right, they will only speak to the account holder. I'm so glad I was able to help! Just be sure you ship with insurance and get a signature confirmation and you should be fully covered. Hopefully, your own cost to ship this back to the seller will be the only expense you have, and it will be worth it to get your refund. Let us know how it turns out.....

Do not withdraw the PayPal claim until you have the refund in your PayPal account. She is trying to con you. Ship the bag back with signature confirmation, and if she does not refund your full amount, escalate to a claim. If you have already escalated to a claim, let her know that you will not back down until you have all of your money back (including original shipping charge). Also, please don't do anything yet regarding mutually withdrawing from a transaction so that she can get her listing fees. She knows what she sold you. It's horrible that you have to go through this, but wait on your full refund before doing anything that she asks of you.
TAKE THIS ADVISE! DO NOT CLOSED THE CLAIM!

IF youplay by Paypal's rules you will usually win in the end, it will take a while but just wait it out.
CHeers,

So I sent the bag back today insured with signature confirmation. I'm going to tell the seller that I will agree to mutually withdraw after she refunds my money and I won't close the claim or escalate it until I have my full refund. I hope this works out. :sweatdrop:

Just be sure to check your email periodically while your PayPal dispute is pending. That way you will know anytime she sends a communication through PayPal. Also, PayPal will email you when it is almost time to escalate to a PayPal claim (rather than the current PayPal dispute). It probably will not reach that point, at least I hope not!

Thanks so much JJ. I will do that.
I'd also like to thank everyone who responded and helped me here :flowers: I really really appreciate it. I'll keep you posted on what happens. I pray to God she refunds my money once she gets the purse. I emailed her that I mailed it back to her and as soon as she refunds my full amount I will agree to mutually withdraw from the transaction on ebay.

I just received an email from the seller that she received the purse today and she willl refund me the full amount but then she wants me to give her the money back for the original shipping :wtf: What do I do?

No! full refund or stay with the claim open. PayPal will reimburse you the full total. You already had to pay to return the bag to her.

Absolutely! Perfect advice. If she doesn't refund the full amount, including shipping, the claim stays open until you either close it or escalate it. Do not close the claim. Stick to your guns. You do not owe the shipping. She should be glad you are not asking for what it cost you to ship the item back.

I guess she knows if she reimburses me the full amount the claim closes since she said she will pay me the full amount but then she wants me to pay her back the original shipping fee :nuts::nuts:

What if she refunds me the full amount, the claim closes and then she wants to come after me for original shipping fees, can she do that or is her only retaliation neg feedback? :confused1:

If I am not mistaken, sellers can no longer leave retaliatory negative feedback for buyers. I also don't believe there is any way that she can demand that you refund the shipping after her refund has been issued. She is just trying to bully you. Is this refund going to go into your PayPal account? Also, have you left her feedback yet?

You already returned the bag, as long as you added the tracking info to the paypal dispute and have her emails stating that she received the bag you can escalate to a claim and give a call to PayPal if she doesn't refund you withing 48 hours.

Yes, the refund will go directly into my paypal acct. I think you're right, once she refunds me the full amount she cannot demand that I reimburse her for the original shipping. Unless she can file a paypal claim against me but I don't see how :confused1: Ugh, this is so frustrating. Thanks so much for your advice. :flowers: No, I did not leave her feedback yet. She didn't leave me any either.