Please help in sorting out for a birkin!

I can see your favourite colour from your elephant pic :P Does the colour actually really grey IRL? if its a reall grey colour, it looks depressing :sad: I saw the etope colour on box kelly at the H store the other day, the colour looks sooo deep grey with greenish tint, hmmm not my colour. But when i see tpf members pics in clemence or togo, it looks like it has a brown tint. So confusing to me :confused1:

Etoupe is taupe, which = cross between grey & brown. It's a great neutral!
Sounds to me like you're not really keen on black so I'd choose etoupe, gold or rouge H togo

It's really accepting that you will NEED at least one of each... which one to start with ..........?

Rose, I wish i could have all the colours but unfortunately DH already warned me that I only have one chance to buy a birkin so choose carefully what you really like. The rest of the fund will be for our little one's future :smile:

My vote is for togo (unless you are bothered by the veining). I also like clemence (but I hear it's soft and slouchy). If you want a bag to match everything in your closet and all-year round (winter/summer), your answer is gold. I personally love black bags. It matches more of my clothes but I do have to switch to my white bag in the summertime. Good luck!

xquisite,
I actually put my name down at the local H store for brighton blue, etoupe, gold and black colour, which ever come in first, they will contact me. The problem is: will i regret if i buy one those colour that arrive first then later on feel i should get the other colour etc etc? will you?

My vote is for togo (unless you are bothered by the veining). I also like clemence (but I hear it's soft and slouchy). If you want a bag to match everything in your closet and all-year round (winter/summer), your answer is gold. I personally love black bags. It matches more of my clothes but I do have to switch to my white bag in the summertime. Good luck!

thanksss kimmmm ... now it makes me want to eliminate the black one since i lived mostly in a tropical country.

I 'm not really into birkin but I saw a birkin in rouge garance a few weeks ago and it looks tdf. I think birkin looks great in colors but your deciding on birkin in neutrals. I'm no help am I?

I Definitely Say Togo. I Also Say Black. If You Are Really Moving Away From Black...Than Gold!!! Any Color You Choose I Know Will Be Spectacular...I Mean It's Hermes Right?!!!!;)

ETA: What About Raisin???

xquisite,
I actually put my name down at the local H store for brighton blue, etoupe, gold and black colour, which ever come in first, they will contact me. The problem is: will i regret if i buy one those colour that arrive first then later on feel i should get the other colour etc etc? will you?
Wowee, that's a hard question to answer, BirkineSS. :confused1:
If you don't like them all equally then I would say take one or two off the list. If you are thinking no to black I would take that off. You don't want to accept the black & then wish you'd waited for a colour. It's too much money, I think, unless you are absolutely in love with that bag.
I have actually ordered one in gold, which I love but it's not my dream combination (that is not available right now). It was definitely my second choice though, so I won't regret it; but one day I just know I will have to get that ebene chevre too. :heart:

Wowee, that's a hard question to answer, BirkineSS. :confused1:
If you don't like them all equally then I would say take one or two off the list. If you are thinking no to black I would take that off. You don't want to accept the black & then wish you'd waited for a colour. It's too much money, I think, unless you are absolutely in love with that bag.
I have actually ordered one in gold, which I love but it's not my dream combination (that is not available right now). It was definitely my second choice though, so I won't regret it; but one day I just know I will have to get that ebene chevre too. :heart:

I agree with Xquisite. If you are only going to ever get ONE Birkin, it is absolutely imperative you really think about which you LOVE, not just what is OK. Don't just go with whatever shows up first at your store. Actually make a list on paper as to what are your 1st, 2nd, 3rd preferences in terms of colour and leather. It's best not to rush into this. Why don't you speak with your store manager about ordering the exact specs you want at July's podium?

Xquisite, you are a girl after my own heart!!! Ebene CDC, rouge H (preferably box), gold... ahh... :heart::heart::heart:

I'd go for togo in that size, I think it's a bit lighter than clemence. If you prefer stiffer then go for epsom, it will be lighter too. For more casual, relaxed, then togo.

I would go for gold if you are warm-coloured or etoupe if you are cooler-coloured (skin-tone, eyes etc) I think these are great neutrals - go for the one that matches your own colouring perhaps.

I agree with Xquisite. If you are only going to ever get ONE Birkin, it is absolutely imperative you really think about which you LOVE, not just what is OK. Don't just go with whatever shows up first at your store. Actually make a list on paper as to what are your 1st, 2nd, 3rd preferences in terms of colour and leather. It's best not to rush into this. Why don't you speak with your store manager about ordering the exact specs you want at July's podium?

I totally second that. You'd better wait longer, I'll even say much longer, but get THE perfect one for you.

In my opinion, I mean having read all what you have written, your color is gold, yes, it really has to be gold, and your leather is either togo or taurillon clémence, depending on if you want it more slouchy.

Ther might be swift as well... soft and slouchy and no grain, but I'm afraid it's a bit more prone to show wear over time (I've had mine for a few days so I can't tell)

after reading all the above, i would say it now comes down to Etoupe Vs Gold, and Togo Vs T. Clemence with definitely Palladium Hardware.
I have a Black Togo which I find very rigid (as this leather holds it's shape too well in my opinion), whereas I have both Etoupe and Gold in T Clemence and i find them extremely great to carry (in terms of the pre-washed leather which gives softness and "the casual look" to it). As for colorwise, think both are exceptionally outstanding as Gold has been the all time classic in the Magasin of H but it requires high maintenance as the color is lighter, whereas Etoupe is defined as the "New" color of Gold (as told by the leather manager of Paris Magasin), think it's a great idea to place your name down with both of this color and see which comes along sooner (dont think you will have a split second regrettingin either of this beautiful color)