Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

Oh interesting! It has a bit of a yellow undertone to it. I’ve only seen photos of grid tourterelle and have always loved it, it would be ironic to think I actually own one and didn’t know. I was almost thinking trench (?) or parchemin (have not seen in person). Here’s the bag alongside an etain and some black and beiges for color comparison:

View attachment 5741870
Your collection is lovely! I agree that the colour looks yellower than I would expect, but I cannot think of another colour with the characteristics of the bag pictured that would make sense for the given year.

It cannot be Trench which was introduced nearly a decade after the production year of this bag. It cannot be Parchemin either. Also, it looks like your Étain bag may actually be Étoupe given the appearance of the stitching.

• Insightful
Reactions: embroideryqueen007
Your collection is lovely! I agree that the colour looks yellower than I would expect, but I cannot think of another colour with the characteristics of the bag pictured that would make sense for the given year.

It cannot be Trench which was introduced nearly a decade after the production year of this bag. It cannot be Parchemin either. Also, it looks like your Étain bag may actually be Étoupe given the appearance of the stitching.
Ah, the year def rules out some options! The stitching on the etain is due to it being a candy, with bleu thalassa on the inside. Thank you for your insight!!

• Love
Reactions: r luvs h
Does it look darker in some light? I have an L stamp, so one year later that is "Taupe" per Bababebi.

View attachment 5742165

View attachment 5742166
Funnily I can't find this bag in my ledger after searching just now and actually this bag should be Mousse in Clemence not Taupe. Taupe is a later color about 2014 as far as I recall. Not to be confused with Etoupe :smile:

Funnily I can't find this bag in my ledger after searching just now and actually this bag should be Mousse in Clemence not Taupe. Taupe is a later color about 2014 as far as I recall. Not to be confused with Etoupe :smile:
Thanks @bababebi ! The Taupe/2007 confused me, because I remember Taupe being released, and I wasn't buying H in 2007.

Reactions: chachaxia
It is rare. I remember it because I am a lover of neutral colors and way back then I had considered adding it to my collection. I have had only a handful of bags in this color/leather combo over all these years.
Oh dear I had a brain mis function. So sorry everyone. It's not Mousse it is Poussiere in Clemence. A neutral yes indeed and consistent with the year of 2007.

Oh my goodness! I was just sending you the certificate and realized that I had confused this one with a different bag and the one I added photos of is Poussiere! My apologies to this thread, thank goodness for Bababebi!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags