Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

I purchased the Hermes 31 Herbag Chaine d’Ancre last weekend and saw somewhere that it is a limited edition (although the SA didnt tell me this!) Is it a Limited Edition or was this just “online sales talk” How do I find out?

I purchased the Hermes 31 Herbag Chaine d’Ancre last weekend and saw somewhere that it is a limited edition (although the SA didnt tell me this!) Is it a Limited Edition or was this just “online sales talk” How do I find out
Yes-- most of the printed Herbags are limited edition and only produced for a few seasons.
Thank you

• Love
Reactions: r luvs h
Hi! I’m interested in this bag - the listing says it’s Celeste Epsom but the color looks darker than other Celeste bags ive seen posted here - any thoughts?

Hi! I’m interested in this bag - the listing says it’s Celeste Epsom but the color looks darker than other Celeste bags ive seen posted here - any thoughts?
Really the pictures from this seller are never very good, but I think this might actually be poorly-photographed Bleu Paradis instead of Celeste. It looks like the date stamp is square R from 2014, and Bleu Paradis was a colour available in Epsom that year. Moreover, earlier iterations of Celeste (Candy Collection and immediately after) had some details that are not consistent with those of this bag.

Really the pictures from this seller are never very good, but I think this might actually be poorly-photographed Bleu Paradis instead of Celeste. It looks like the date stamp is square R from 2014, and Bleu Paradis was a colour available in Epsom that year. Moreover, earlier iterations of Celeste (Candy Collection and immediately after) had some details that are not consistent with those of this bag.
Thank you!!

• Love
Reactions: r luvs h
The colour is Naturel and the leather looks like Courchevel.:flowers:

It looks like gold in Courcheval.

ETA: I see that the expert here has just answered you, so you can take that better advice :smile:
Thank you both! You guys are so fast! Forgive my ignorance, but is “Naturel” an actual color or is that just Hermes’ way of saying it’s not dyed? I know Courchevel is a stamped leather so it is treated. Just wondering if there are any specific precautions that I should take!

Thank you both! You guys are so fast! Forgive my ignorance, but is “Naturel” an actual color or is that just Hermes’ way of saying it’s not dyed? I know Courchevel is a stamped leather so it is treated. Just wondering if there are any specific precautions that I should take!
Good question—“Naturel”, in this case, refers specifically to the colour. As far as precautions for this leather, I would recommend this thread or this thread from @docride.

Hi guys, can you guys please identify the main body color of this k25? I know the handle is rouge sellier and the strap closure is rose Texas. I’m unsure if the body color is rouge Hermes or rouge vénitien. Got this from the boutique but the sa was unable to tell me the exact color Thank you!

C8542A48-CB2C-45B1-A8F0-6A0DD508339F.jpeg

Hi guys, can you guys please identify the main body color of this k25? I know the handle is rouge sellier and the strap closure is rose Texas. I’m unsure if the body color is rouge Hermes or rouge vénitien. Got this from the boutique but the sa was unable to tell me the exact color Thank you!

View attachment 5704658
Check your receipt, the colors are usually listed there.