Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

Hi. I went to FSH and saw this bag:
B7C9E464-848D-4492-8092-05F7EAF3C1CD.jpeg
The store was packed so I didn’t get to ask any SA about it (also there’s a long line upstairs at the home area. What was that about? lol). So can someone tell me the specs of it? I’m guessing it’s a 28 (?) Kelly Sellier with toile, but I’m not sure about the leather part. Swift? Electric blue?

Also did it appear on the runway? Is this like a seasonal release? Push offer?

Many thanks in advance for the help :heart:

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Hi. I went to FSH and saw this bag:
View attachment 5574501
The store was packed so I didn’t get to ask any SA about it (also there’s a long line upstairs at the home area. What was that about? lol). So can someone tell me the specs of it? I’m guessing it’s a 28 (?) Kelly Sellier with toile, but I’m not sure about the leather part. Swift? Electric blue?

Also did it appear on the runway? Is this like a seasonal release? Push offer?

Many thanks in advance for the help :heart:
I'm fairly sure this is the Kelly Quadrille, a 28 that was shown last year ( I think). It's a push offer. It comes in a variety of colors for the swift trim ( noir, beton ( or another creme color that I saw at FSH- but it was scrumptious- looked like a French confection), sesame, a red ( not RH, a much brighter one I saw in London), lime, bleu de nord and I'm sure a few more. I know the Quadrille fabric is a bit thicker than regular toile, and has a three way weave and color in the noir and sesame one. Those both have noir, blanc and a gold ( desert?) all woven together. The others seem to have the color of the swift trim, blanc and ecru.
here's the sesame from a reseller, which highlights the 3 way weave. I've only seen with PHW and in sellier.
1658692456481.png

I'm fairly sure this is the Kelly Quadrille,
Hi. Thank you for your answer but I don’t think it’s a Kelly Quadrille coz the weave pattern is different.

I went back to FSH today, and asked an SA downstairs about the specs of the Kelly. He said it’s a Kelly 28 Sellier, Toile H, and Swift but he doesn’t know what kind of blue—it’s either bleu de France or bleu royale. I asked if it’s a runway piece, and he said no, it’s a part of the regular collection.

Upon further inspection, it’s not just ordinary Toile H. It’s similar to the one used for Birkin Fray Fray wherein the canvas is weaved using threads in the color of the leather parts, although the weave pattern is not the same. I noticed because it was displayed below it.

CCB12035-1E9F-48C1-ACDF-F82707C9EC2D.jpeg
9DC86434-BFE8-4183-8465-B854BD14DAD7.jpeg

It is more noticeable in this Birkin that’s displayed beside the Kelly
8D17073E-1A5F-4606-8C60-D924647DFCA2.jpeg

If there’s an official name for this, let me know. Thank you. I’m just… obsessed. lol

Reactions: DR2014 and tenshix
Hi. Thank you for your answer but I don’t think it’s a Kelly Quadrille coz the weave pattern is different.

I went back to FSH today, and asked an SA downstairs about the specs of the Kelly. He said it’s a Kelly 28 Sellier, Toile H, and Swift but he doesn’t know what kind of blue—it’s either bleu de France or bleu royale. I asked if it’s a runway piece, and he said no, it’s a part of the regular collection.

Upon further inspection, it’s not just ordinary Toile H. It’s similar to the one used for Birkin Fray Fray wherein the canvas is weaved using threads in the color of the leather parts, although the weave pattern is not the same. I noticed because it was displayed below it.

View attachment 5575280
View attachment 5575281

View attachment 5575283

If there’s an official name for this, let me know. Thank you. I’m just… obsessed. lol
Could this be Toile Criss? The Hermès flagship store in Madrid currently has this Kelly in green on display.

Reactions: allanrvj

View attachment 5575280
View attachment 5575281

View attachment 5575283

You're certainly right- the weave only has the 2 colors in it. When I saw the red in London on display (analogous to the blue you show),I asked the SA if I could see it and try it on. She could not have been nicer and did indeed let me try it ( and yes, it was gorgeous). I specifically asked her if this was a "2 color" version of the Quadrille, as I'm very intrigued by the creme version and the noir) and she said it was.
Now does that mean she was correct? Not necessarily.
Is the weave and the fabric the same as the Quadrille, but it appears different because its just 2 colors?
Is it the Toile Criss?
Which then leads to....Is the Toile Criss the same (fabric) as the Quadrille, but has 2 rather than 3 colors? And therefore, by that definition, must a Quadrille have 3 colors in the weave?
Who knows? As all things H, the more you think you know, the less you really do!! ( at least that applies to me! :lol:).
Here's the Creme ( don't know the exact color) I saw at FSH. This one they did NOT let me try!!:graucho: Now I wish I had asked for more information about it.
Kelly creme quadrille.jpg

Can someone help confirm the color of this leather and the type of leather? The seller says it's Ardennes and bleu royale, but when I look up bleu royale it's much brighter, so that can't be it. This bag almost looks black to me, but the dark blue is sort of visible on the color of the thread and the interior.

I was thinking maybe bleu indigo, bleu nuit, or bleu marine? I'm just not sure what colors Ardennes was produced in to know.

Screenshot_20220725-194823_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220725-194734_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220725-194748_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
You're certainly right- the weave only has the 2 colors in it. When I saw the red in London on display (analogous to the blue you show),I asked the SA if I could see it and try it on. She could not have been nicer and did indeed let me try it ( and yes, it was gorgeous). I specifically asked her if this was a "2 color" version of the Quadrille, as I'm very intrigued by the creme version and the noir) and she said it was.
Now does that mean she was correct? Not necessarily.
Is the weave and the fabric the same as the Quadrille, but it appears different because its just 2 colors?
Is it the Toile Criss?
Which then leads to....Is the Toile Criss the same (fabric) as the Quadrille, but has 2 rather than 3 colors? And therefore, by that definition, must a Quadrille have 3 colors in the weave?
Who knows? As all things H, the more you think you know, the less you really do!! ( at least that applies to me! :lol:).
Here's the Creme ( don't know the exact color) I saw at FSH. This one they did NOT let me try!!:graucho: Now I wish I had asked for more information about it.
View attachment 5575633
I think I know the answer now. Hermes calls it Twill H :heart:

So it's just a Kelly with Twill H, unless there is an official name for it.

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 18.29.46.png