Please help identify leather, color and design

As requested, this thread is now the official Help I.D. Hermes leather, color and design thread. Cheers!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited: Please do nat ask for authentication on this thread.

Reply to any questions regarding any items are NOT be taken as a sign of authenticity. You will have to find a reputable paid-for service.

PT

Hello ladies,

I was wondering if anyone can help me confirm if this is box calf leather as the seller indicated. I am very new to this and just starting to learn about leathers, colors, etc. I thought box leather has a smoother feel than this but of course, I could definitely be wrong. Appreciate if anyone can help!

hermes-kelly-black-satchel-4-0-960-960.jpeg6269e6ed9237a.jpeg

It’s not box leather for sure; but you might take a look at the reference section on leathers, especially evergrain and evercalf. I apologize for not being able to insert a link, but this new tPF format has me a bit confused.
Hello ladies,

I was wondering if anyone can help me confirm if this is box calf leather as the seller indicated. I am very new to this and just starting to learn about leathers, colors, etc. I thought box leather has a smoother feel than this but of course, I could definitely be wrong. Appreciate if anyone can help!

View attachment 5447633View attachment 5447634

Hello ladies,

View attachment 5447633View attachment 5447634
This isn't Box; which year is this? Agree with @tannfran that it may be Gulliver or Evergrain.

It’s not box leather for sure; but you might take a look at the reference section on leathers, especially evergrain and evercalf. I apologize for not being able to insert a link, but this new tPF format has me a bit confused.

Possibly Gulliver

Thank you for these informative comments! Will definitely look into those.

Also meant to say hi to our gents here as well!

I am unsure what year this is because the bag doesn't have a blind stamp according to the seller. Thank you for confirming it isn't box!
Hmmmm.....There is no stamp at all on the inside of the sangles? This isn't unheard of but is much more common in very old (or very new, which this isn't) bags. Have you had this bag authenticated?

Hmmmm.....There is no stamp at all on the inside of the sangles? This isn't unheard of but is much more common in very old (or very new, which this isn't) bags. Have you had this bag authenticated?
I have not had it authenticated as I decided not to purchase it for these reasons. It may be a very old bag with no blind stamp but I'm specifically looking for box leather. Glad I asked on here to confirm what it is!

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
Thanks! I was told that the leather is Vachette Fjord, the leather is quite stiff and hard to touch. I couldn’t find Vachtte Fjord online. So I’m quite confused….
I thought Fjord would have more veining, but I am only guessing. If it's quite stiff it could possibly be vache liegee, but honestly I really don't know, hopefully someone who knows more will chime in. Sorry, I'm probably being more hindrance than help! I just noticed the darker spots in the middle of the grain on the top flap and it rang a bell.

Reactions: zoe5686