Please help - I think my Chanel Bag puffs deflated

stephmorris11

Sep 20, 2014
Hi ladies,

I purchased a gorgeous 14C Maxi from a reseller about 6mo ago as a brand new bag. The puffs were not great on this bag to begin with but I adored the color anyway so I bought it. I have used it about 10x and I am noticing that the puffs are totally gone now and the whole bag is flat.

I don't have a receipt obviously but it is a bag from this year. Is there something I can do? Can I take it to a Chanel boutique and have it sent in under the 1y warranty? Is there something they can do with puffs gone bad?

Here is a pix of what mine looks like.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.26.24 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-09 at 9.26.24 PM.jpg
    458 KB · Views: 1,563
The bag looks good to me. Since you didn't buy from the store, did you have your bag authenticated?

You could take it to Chanel, but there is nothing that can be done for deflated 'puffs'. :nogood:

It doesn't look good IRL. Of all the Chanels I have seen, it is totally flat. Like 0 quilts. Sigh.

Yes it was authenticated thankfully but I worry that it was defective and deflated. Do they not have some sort of 1y warranty?

It doesn't look good IRL. Of all the Chanels I have seen, it is totally flat. Like 0 quilts. Sigh.

Yes it was authenticated thankfully but I worry that it was defective and deflated. Do they not have some sort of 1y warranty?
Chanel repairs the bags free of charge within the first year of purchase, but they may tell you there is nothing to repair on this bag (deflated puffs don't count).

The original owner of the bag may still have the receipt and may be able to put you in contact with her/his SA. If the bag is deemed defective, the SA may agree to replace it. Keep us informed!

I returned a Maxi due to a general lack of puffiness, so I feel your pain... maybe it's how caviar bags are made. I know my caviar jumbo lacks some puffiness as well, it's only two years old.

I returned a Maxi due to a general lack of puffiness, so I feel your pain... maybe it's how caviar bags are made. I know my caviar jumbo lacks some puffiness as well, it's only two years old.

Thanks! I feel like mine got much less puffy in the past few months! Weird. Was yours always flat or got worse over time?

Thanks! I feel like mine got much less puffy in the past few months! Weird. Was yours always flat or got worse over time?

You know, I have asked myself this question many times, the truth is I'm just not sure. .. I may have been so smitten with mine when I first got her that perhaps I overlooked it.

Thanks for the IRL pictures. I have the same 14C red in jumbo and took these quick shots of mine below so you can compare. I think mine looks similar to yours no? It's never bothered me.

I think though that if you think it's just going to keep bothering you regardless of the color (its such a stunning red), I say start looking for another one that hopefully you can see in person or if not, then see PLENTY of photos at different angles FIRST so you can check the puffiness before getting another one that ends up being more or less the same.

Attachments

• IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,065
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 1,054
  • IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 1,058
Thanks for your pix Karen. I think yours looks almost identical to mine, maybe a wee bit more puffy, like mine looked a few months before. Have you had yours for a few months at least? I think this was Cruise so Feb 2014 or even before is when it came out...

I wonder if it gets worse with time or if this season's bag just is not that puffy for anyone. Finding another just like it will be impossible I am sure. They are sold out and I can't really swap it. I just wonder if Chanel could help me if I take it to a boutique and explain the situation. I bet they don't have any left in stock either though. I would love to get it reinflated or repaired because the color is stunning.

I can't see anything wrong with this bag. The quilts vary significantly from bag to bag, they are not a mass produced item.

This is what I think to. This bag is stunning. I have seen quite a few bags on-line and in real life too, and the quilts do vary from bag to bag. I dont think this bag or any bag can be re-inflated ........ it is stuffing inside the quilts that may have shifted it is not air that can be puffed up with a bicycle pump?!
I shall be interested to see what the boutique say.