Please help - I think my Chanel Bag puffs deflated

Thanks for your pix Karen. I think yours looks almost identical to mine, maybe a wee bit more puffy, like mine looked a few months before. Have you had yours for a few months at least? I think this was Cruise so Feb 2014 or even before is when it came out...

I wonder if it gets worse with time or if this season's bag just is not that puffy for anyone. Finding another just like it will be impossible I am sure. They are sold out and I can't really swap it. I just wonder if Chanel could help me if I take it to a boutique and explain the situation. I bet they don't have any left in stock either though. I would love to get it reinflated or repaired because the color is stunning.

Glad my photos helped. I agree it won't be easy to find another one - especially if you want the same style. Yes mine is from the Cruise 2014 collection. I got mine around April brand new. I don't use it daily. I have a friend who has the same bag as mine and she got it the same time as me. She has been using hers way more than I have. Since buying it she told me she's used it every day for months and she is hard on her bags. I met her about 2/3 months in after her daily HEAVY use and let me tell you: her bag looks even BETTER than it did on Day 1 (I saw it when she first got it). The leather color deepened to a richer slightly darker red. I know because I had mine with me and compared mine to hers. I use my infrequently. Our jumbos were IDENTICAL when brand new but hers is now darker and has a slight sheen (from the natural oils our hands have). Its stunning and made me realize that this particular bag caviar ages very well since seeing hers gave me a preview of how it looks over time. I say keep it now that I've said all of this about my friends one.

If not I highly doubt quilts can be re-inflated. Think about how hard it would be to make each quilt EQUALLY puffy. Imagine if even ONE was slightly higher/more puffy than the rest? that would drive me mad and it would be ruined and I'd rather it just be left as is.

Reactions: LVtoChanel
Thanks so much. You are right it is a stunning bag. The red is amazing. I should just let it go and enjoy. At least your pictures made me realize that I'm not the only one out there with a flat Chanel. LOL.

Thanks so much. You are right it is a stunning bag. The red is amazing. I should just let it go and enjoy. At least your pictures made me realize that I'm not the only one out there with a flat Chanel. LOL.

The thing is, mine doesn't strike me as flat. It never has. Another friend (I have a few with this 14C red) has the jumbo caviar too and hers is identical to mine and I also don't see it as flat. Neither does she and we are both particular. I think it's fine.

Agreed, just enjoy it. A re-puff attempt would be disastrous :lol:

Reviving this thread because I have a similar question. I was looking at a caviar classic flap in a consignment store, and the quilts seem deflated.
Anyone know if you can 'restore puffiness' in caviar, or was it flat to begin with?
Also, out of curiosity, anyone know what actually makes the quilts puffy? Stuffing.. air, what a mystery!

Reviving this thread because I have a similar question. I was looking at a caviar classic flap in a consignment store, and the quilts seem deflated.
Anyone know if you can 'restore puffiness' in caviar, or was it flat to begin with?
Also, out of curiosity, anyone know what actually makes the quilts puffy? Stuffing.. air, what a mystery!
I asked this question before and I was advised from Chanel repair that it could not be restored. However, this was the same person that said, 'do not put conditioner on your bags' as you are putting chemicals on it. However, in this forum, there are countless ladies that apply conditioner to their bags and it seems to be fine!