Please HELP!!! I received my '07 Legacy and...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. the handles are split by the o-rings!!! This was not stated in the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=300324541696

I have been stalking this bag for months. I have always wanted the clay color and it seems very hard to find. I also got it for a great price.

What should I do? Ask for a partial refund? Will Coach repair this if I send it in? How much will it cost to repair? I've never had to send a bag in before. I really don't want to send it back to the seller because I have been wanting it for so long!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Attached Files:

2. I does look worn but it looked welll loved in the pics... You could get a refund but this is a hard to get bag

3. I knew about the ink, but that didn't bother me since it's inside. And I know these bags are prone to scratches because of the leather. But the handles I had no idea about.

4. I would ask for a partial refund. $20? I'm sure the seller will think a partial refund is better than relisting and going thru the hassle to sell again.

I remember watching this auction and it went for a great price! And these bags don't show up too often as it is, let alone below $100.

5. I know, that's why I don't want to return it. I was so excited to win it! I was actually bidding on it at a wedding during the last 10 mins. of auction! :P But can Coach fix it? I don't want the handle to get worse.

6. I do NOT believe that they will fix it if you send it in. I think everyone ended up getting a credit.

7. Do not get a partial. Love it as it is or send it back.
    No they will not repair (99.9% chance no), they COULD issue merch. credit, but based on the use of this bag in the photos, they may argue that it was normal wear & tear.
    Not sure cost will cost you (20$ to send in to Coach unless they wave), but you could take it to a leather repair shop and get an estimate.

WWBD? Return it, not worth your $ in pain of time and your own hard earned $$.

8. Thanks for the advice so far... PLEASE keep it coming. Especially if you have this bag and have had problems with the leather splitting.

I hate to send it back, these auctions are so few and far between. The outside is actually in really good condition. From what I have heard the leather scratches are a normal part of this bag. And the inside is clean, minus the pen marks. I hate to have her then send her back. :cry:

9. Here's some pics I took of the overall condition of the bag.

Attached Files:

10. I think you got it at a great price. I would let it go, except I would let the seller know she missed the area when she listed it. Not everyone knows every issue each bag is succeptible to. She could have overlooked it. I don't think she will refund because you already got a great deal. She could tell you to return it and she could probably re-list it and get more. JMHO

11. Yea the seller said "no rips or tears... just ink marks" but I would say that classifies as rips/tears. I would be upset if I received a bag in that condition. I say contact the seller and see if they are willing to even work with you other wise send it back! I would be afraid to carry it. Thats just my honest opinion!

12. Well, I contacted the seller. Still waiting for a reply. I will take the bag to Coach tomorrow just for advice. I will also contact a leather repair shop to find out the cost.

Thanks for all advice. I did look up the Mandy situation, but saw no resolution. Thanks for the link though.

Please continue to give advice and comments, I really appreciate it!