please help !!! i need to know

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
so im in europe and im thinking of getting a new birkin , since i am rebuilding my collection after a major detox i have decided that im taking my time with it as i want bags that truly reflect me and my style. i have ordered my 30cm himalayan and my 30cm burgondy ,so anything i find i truly love, is an option right now. anyway the question:
i have found two bags that i just love and can not make up my mind on. the first is a rather interesting black porosus 30cm shiny i got rid of my black because it was nilo and because i wear my black swift so much i thought i wanted a so black box kelly, but this is a very pretty bag with PHW.i would wear it a lot as i like silver black and platinum very very much.

the seccond is something i love but know i also love in ostrich , it is a 30cm vert anis croc birkin with PHW i had allways thought that since i love ostrich i would preffer this bag in ostrich yet i love the look in croc it is also porosus

so what do you think, should i get the vert anis in ostrich or the so black box kelly and forget the black croc what to do please help , you tpf members are the voice in my hermes head so i wait for your responses love birkel!:smile:

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself that you like these bags. You already got rid of a black croc bag, and you've professed your preference for ostrich. If it's love at first sight, then get them. If you're going to make your decision based on opinions from people you've never met, then I don't think you'll be getting bags that reflect your preferences, and you'll end up having to detox your collection...again.

But since you asked, I personally would get the more special SO Black Kelly and neither croc bag, since you recently got a croc Birkin (if I remember right).

Hi sweet birkel :smile:

Since you are waiting on the 2 croc birkins (burgundy and Himalayan), which you'll have these croc birkins in the near future, i would do the ostrich as you love this exotic so so much! I would not do the so bbk because you already have a vintage one that you cherish very much. So, i'm voting for the ostrich! Hope this help sweetie!!

Hi Birkel

I think you mentioned somewhere that Ostrich is your favourite skin?
(apologies if remembered incorrectly )
if so - Vert Anis Ostrich would be absolutely gorgeous

you can't go wrong either way - porosus blk croc - nice!

The SO black Kelly will be a special, limited edition - maybe keep an open mind and wait till you see it to decide

all the best deciding and have fun re-building your H-collection

Birkel:flowers:I think if you are uncertain about any of these bags then walk away. It sounds like you like them both but neither one you love. I would wait for the bag that is perfect for you and your collection.:flowers:

SO Black Boxcalf Kelly.

I can analyse that you really love this SO Black Kelly a lot and had no hesitation in purchasing if only Vert Anis Croc & Noir Poro. Croc both did not appear right in front of you now. Right?;) Though the difference in poro. and nilo, once you let go of a Noir Croc B PHW, it only means it's not the right bag for you.

so im in europe and im thinking of getting a new birkin , since i am rebuilding my collection after a major detox i have decided that im taking my time with it as i want bags that truly reflect me and my style. i have ordered my 30cm himalayan and my 30cm burgondy ,so anything i find i truly love, is an option right now. anyway the question:
i have found two bags that i just love and can not make up my mind on. the first is a rather interesting black porosus 30cm shiny i got rid of my black because it was nilo and because i wear my black swift so much i thought i wanted a so black box kelly, but this is a very pretty bag with PHW.i would wear it a lot as i like silver black and platinum very very much.

the seccond is something i love but know i also love in ostrich , it is a 30cm vert anis croc birkin with PHW i had allways thought that since i love ostrich i would preffer this bag in ostrich yet i love the look in croc it is also porosus

so what do you think, should i get the vert anis in ostrich or the so black box kelly and forget the black croc what to do please help , you tpf members are the voice in my hermes head so i wait for your responses love birkel!:smile:

birkel, you have impeccable taste so I'm sure anything you decide on would be most beautiful and special. If you would permit me to throw in my $0.02, I vote for the vert anis croc birkin because the color is so rare.

Hello my dear birkel. I am giving you my personal opinion based on the fact that you are rebuilding your collection. I think your new collection should be special and fabulous just like you. You should only buy what makes your heart sing and what it is truly special to you. Take your time building your new collection. Don't buy just because it is instantly available. All Hermes bags are gorgeous and the temptation is so great when the handbag is right in front of you. That being said, here is my personal input on your current situation:

I would not purchase the black porosus crocodile - enjoy the black swift you currently own.

I would not purchase the SO black box kelly - it is a lovely bag but I don't think it is the right bag for you. If you have, and still kept, your vintage black box kelly then I would use this bag since it is so classic, iconic and a real keeper.

But, the 30cm vert anis porosus croc birkin with PHW sounds amazing!!!! Review your current Hermes collection and see what pop of color you have in your exotics in both birkins and kellys. If the vert anis color would be a good addition to your collection then I would definitely buy it. You cannot go wrong if you purchase the vert anis in porosus crocodile or ostrich since they are both gorgeous. You need to ask yourself - if you purchase the vert anis in croc will you later regret not having it in ostrich? Only you can make that final decision.

Good luck with all your decisions. You will need to keep us posted on what you decide. I wish you safe and happy travels:biggrin:

Sounds to me like you love VA in Ostrich, so go for it. if you had black porosus and sold it already, maybe go for something else instead. I've seen VA in Ostrich and it's drop dead gorgeous!! As a matter of fact, VA is one of the colors that I would love to get in Ostrich than on any other skins. Good luck with your decision.

well here goes, i love all bags but yes ostrich is my favouirite skin and im thinking i do want vert anis in ostrich as i feel its more of a pistaccio color instead of amore limeish green. but the bag is wonderfull , vibrant and so alive, i just love the color. about the black i have made up my mind on black bags, the swift is something i love as it is soft and mine and sooo unique ,the black box kelly is something i got as a fammily treasure so ill never let it go and, i wear to many hermes and fashion events, as i feel it is very much well........perfect . but i love this bag and im going for the so black its something i do want, by process of elimination you can probabbly guess i am not getting the black croc and its hard to not take it, had it not been something i had before and sold. but the vert anis oooo its such a different color from the one it shows on ostrich, and i do want green yet the idea that two crocs are on the way, i just wish that this were easier they are important investments for me . and at the same time paris and hermes they go together, it may be the moment but im soo craving it ,but my tpf angels you have given me a bit of a push the day after tommorrow is the big day, ill keep you all posted and i love you all , you have allways been so very nice and helpfull my darlings! as allways love . birkel.