Please help, I lost the screwdriver to my lOVE

NYCGIRLY

NYC
O.G.
Mar 15, 2010
Dear ladies, do you know if Cartier sells the screwdriver to previously bought bracelets from them?

Im sure I must not be the only one. I just want to cry!

I was traveling and had the screwdriver in a ziplock bag. The hotel cleaning lady must've thrown in it out!
Im so devastated!

Reactions: Namwan-
I would think Cartier would sell replacements, but the question is what do they charge? I picked up several small generic screwdrivers from the hardware store to carry, and never use the Cartier screwdriver. I have them in the cars and around home, just in case we need to do an on the road screw tighten, or emergency removal. These screwdrivers aren't even remotely sexy like the original, but fully functional and cheap.

Bob

Dear ladies, do you know if Cartier sells the screwdriver to previously bought bracelets from them?

I was traveling and had the screwdriver in a ziplock bag. The hotel cleaning lady must've thrown in it out!
Im so devastated!

Im so devastated!
Sorry that you lost your screwdriver! :frown:
I recall my SA telling me that a new screwdriver would cost about $50 or $60. She told me this about two years ago. I'm unsure if the price has changed. Hope you'll be able to get a new screwdriver.

Reactions: jimmie staton

Im so devastated!
You can get from Cartier store. They can order for you if they run out. It cost SGD95 for WG and SGD82 for RG / YG.

Im so devastated!
Hi, I'm a man replying. How cool are you with your SA at Cartier ? When was your last purchase ? If the answers are "really cool" and "Recently" they will just give you one for free. If you show interest in a future purchase, that might help you get a free one as well. 20 years ago, I lost the box, certification and certification holder and screwdriver in a relationship the ended sadly. She didn't particularly want these items that belonged to me, but knew I really did, so I wasn't able to get from her. (good thing I was wearing my Love bracelet, for I probably would have lost that to her as well) I went to Cartier, even though 20 years had passed, they served me champagne and listen to my sob story, and gave me a Paper wrapped, wax stamp and ribbon Cartier box, new certification and certification holder in a Cartier bag. Also gave me a Cartier coloring book with crayons... I had my son with me... he was about 8 months old. 5 years later, I went back to the same SA and purchased the Just Un Clou in gold... met my Wife and we lived happily ever after.
The end...(for now)
"J!m"

I don’t own a full love bracelet so I can not relate to how any of you feel about losing the screw driver to unlock your love bracelet, but for a cheaper alternative you could buy one at Lowe’s/Home Depot for cheaper and put a piece of plastic so the screw driver won’t scratch your bracelet. Something to think about! Hope that can help.

Hi, I'm a man replying. How cool are you with your SA at Cartier ? When was your last purchase ? If the answers are "really cool" and "Recently" they will just give you one for free. If you show interest in a future purchase, that might help you get a free one as well. 20 years ago, I lost the box, certification and certification holder and screwdriver in a relationship the ended sadly. She didn't particularly want these items that belonged to me, but knew I really did, so I wasn't able to get from her. (good thing I was wearing my Love bracelet, for I probably would have lost that to her as well) I went to Cartier, even though 20 years had passed, they served me champagne and listen to my sob story, and gave me a Paper wrapped, wax stamp and ribbon Cartier box, new certification and certification holder in a Cartier bag. Also gave me a Cartier coloring book with crayons... I had my son with me... he was about 8 months old. 5 years later, I went back to the same SA and purchased the Just Un Clou in gold... met my Wife and we lived happily ever after.
The end...(for now)
"J!m"
Also to note... when I went in to Cartier for the Cartier Screwdriver, the SA offered to polish my Cartier Love Bracelet, they used a regular screwdriver to take my Cartier Bracelet apart for free cleaning and used a regular screwdriver to put it back on my arm after polishing my Cartier Love Bracelet... I found it odd, but didn't complain because they gave me a new Cartier Screwdriver, Cartier Love Bracelet box wrapped in paper, seal and ribbon, Cartier Certificate and Cartier Certificate holder in a Cartier shopping bag for free... and lots of champagne. When I purchased the Cartier Love Bracelet over twenty years ago, they used the store Cartier Screwdriver and not the one that came with my Cartier Love Bracelet... said to keep my own pristine.
"J!m"

I don’t own a full love bracelet so I can not relate to how any of you feel about losing the screw driver to unlock your love bracelet, but for a cheaper alternative you could buy one at Lowe’s/Home Depot for cheaper and put a piece of plastic so the screw driver won’t scratch your bracelet. Something to think about! Hope that can help.
Great idea.

Also to note... when I went in to Cartier for the Cartier Screwdriver, the SA offered to polish my Cartier Love Bracelet, they used a regular screwdriver to take my Cartier Bracelet apart for free cleaning and used a regular screwdriver to put it back on my arm after polishing my Cartier Love Bracelet... I found it odd, but didn't complain because they gave me a new Cartier Screwdriver, Cartier Love Bracelet box wrapped in paper, seal and ribbon, Cartier Certificate and Cartier Certificate holder in a Cartier shopping bag for free... and lots of champagne. When I purchased the Cartier Love Bracelet over twenty years ago, they used the store Cartier Screwdriver and not the one that came with my Cartier Love Bracelet... said to keep my own pristine.
"J!m"
Post Scripts: I don't take off my Cartier Love Bracelet for anything, but polishing very rarely at Cartier, and only when they offer to polish it. They put in on and off for me. Don't want to break or scratch up the screw... The premise of the Cartier Love Bracelet is that who ever buys it for you, puts it on you and they keep the screw driver, they are suppose to belong to you and you them. I bought the Cartier Love Bracelet for myself, so I keep everything that comes with it... I guess I belong to me... lol. If you are like me... I want everything that comes with a luxury item, whether I use it or not. Things to pass down to future generations and it adds value to my pieces if I ever want to sell them. Go get your 'FREE' Cartier Screwdriver... you are worth it. My next purchase from Cartier will be a Cartier Charm Bracelet with at least 9 Cartier Charms... it's gonna cost at least $30,000.00
"J!m"

Post Scripts: I don't take off my Cartier Love Bracelet for anything, but polishing very rarely at Cartier, and only when they offer to polish it. They put in on and off for me. Don't want to break or scratch up the screw... The premise of the Cartier Love Bracelet is that who ever buys it for you, puts it on you and they keep the screw driver, they are suppose to belong to you and you them. I bought the Cartier Love Bracelet for myself, so I keep everything that comes with it... I guess I belong to me... lol. If you are like me... I want everything that comes with a luxury item, whether I use it or not. Things to pass down to future generations and it adds value to my pieces if I ever want to sell them. Go get your 'FREE' Cartier Screwdriver... you are worth it. My next purchase from Cartier will be a Cartier Charm Bracelet with at least 9 Cartier Charms... it's gonna cost at least $30,000.00
"J!m"
Love your stories . So funny. And you are right, sometimes it is worth giving a try, politly of course. Those screwdriver does not cost a lot to Cartier.

Love your stories . So funny. And you are right, sometimes it is worth giving a try, politly of course. Those screwdriver does not cost a lot to Cartier.
Thank you for the kindness of your words. I can be a bit verbose when it comes to luxury items and love... both I know a lot about and excited about learning and experiencing more, soon and often. Kindness and a smile can go a long way, especially if you want something from someone... whether it's a replacement screwdriver from Cartier, kindness or just a smile in return. Be the change you want to see in the world. At worst case scenario... the screwdriver from Cartier is not that expensive. Something to note: the designer of the Love Bracelet, Aldo Cipullo originally name the Love Bracelet 'The Slave Bracelet'. I guess it was to be considered the love slave bracelet, but that title was met with some resistance. In the 70's, it was a problem with that name... could you image in today's climate what problems and division that would have caused... we wouldn't be able to 'LOVE' the bracelet the same way and for the same reason... it's all in a name and in the name of love.
Wishing you the vey best... and may all your dreams come true.
"J!m"

Thank you for the kindness of your words. I can be a bit verbose when it comes to luxury items and love... both I know a lot about and excited about learning and experiencing more, soon and often. Kindness and a smile can go a long way, especially if you want something from someone... whether it's a replacement screwdriver from Cartier, kindness or just a smile in return. Be the change you want to see in the world. At worst case scenario... the screwdriver from Cartier is not that expensive. Something to note: the designer of the Love Bracelet, Aldo Cipullo originally name the Love Bracelet 'The Slave Bracelet'. I guess it was to be considered the love slave bracelet, but that title was met with some resistance. In the 70's, it was a problem with that name... could you image in today's climate what problems and division that would have caused... we wouldn't be able to 'LOVE' the bracelet the same way and for the same reason... it's all in a name and in the name of love.
Wishing you the vey best... and may all your dreams come true.
"J!m"
Ugh! The slave bracelet?? I would not love that at all.
Thank you j!m and all the best to you as well.