Please help! I bought this from a boutique and it might be fake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvlin

Aug 31, 2009
Today, I made my first purchase at the LV boutique in Fashion Valley, San Diego. I bought an Amarante Monogram Vernis Sarah Wallet. Before I paid, I asked the salesperson if she made sure I had everything. She said yes.

When I got home, I realized that inside the wallet, there were only two things:
1) A small, paper card that listed the outside and inside material. On the reverse side is the same thing, but in French.
2) A tiny care manual with several languages.

Now, all of this is fine and dandy, except that all my purchases at Prada come with a plastic authenticity card (like a credit card). Where's the one for this Louis?!

Also, there's no "red number stamp" I'm a boy, so I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, but I've heard that there's supposed to be some identification stamp. (this is a gift for my sister)

Am I missing something? I'm worried! Thank you. I have the receipt (and a gift receipt), but I've heard LV is infamous for stupid stuff like not letting customers return bags because of a hair inside.

The two items are standard to be included with LV. Don't worry, all is fine. LV don't do the "plastic authenticity card". If you had one of those, then its time to be worried!

The code stamp should be somewhere on the wallet, its generally well hidden in wallets so you need to search. And its not red in colour, generally the same colour as the leather base its printed into, so extra hard to see.

Let us know how you go.

Today, I made my first purchase at the LV boutique in Fashion Valley, San Diego. I bought an Amarante Monogram Vernis Sarah Wallet. Before I paid, I asked the salesperson if she made sure I had everything. She said yes.

When I got home, I realized that inside the wallet, there were only two things:
1) A small, paper card that listed the outside and inside material. On the reverse side is the same thing, but in French.
2) A tiny care manual with several languages.

Now, all of this is fine and dandy, except that all my purchases at Prada come with a plastic authenticity card (like a credit card). Where's the one for this Louis?!

Also, there's no "red number stamp" I'm a boy, so I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, but I've heard that there's supposed to be some identification stamp. (this is a gift for my sister)

Am I missing something? I'm worried! Thank you. I have the receipt (and a gift receipt), but I've heard LV is infamous for stupid stuff like not letting customers return bags because of a hair inside.

If you are really worried why not take it back right away and ask them? I wish you luck!

@PrincessPork: Thanks a ton! I've looked all over and still can't find the code! I saw a picture of a code on ebay (exact same wallet style, exact same color), but it's such a strangely-angled picture I can't even identify where it is on the wallet.

@Forsyte: Well, I'm leaving for LA to see my sis tomorrow afternoon, so I don't really have time, unfortunately. I don't want to deliver her a late birthday present!

If anyone can tell me where to find the date code, I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thank you very much.

the date code is usually tucked into the coin segments if i'm not wrong...you have to pull at the wallet quite a bit since they're VERY VERY well hidden lol

the date code is usually tucked into the coin segments if i'm not wrong...you have to pull at the wallet quite a bit since they're VERY VERY well hidden lol

True! I purchased a Ludlow wallet (pre-loved) and couldn't for the life of me find the date code...it was stressing me out but found it in the end with the help of the Purse Forum....and a torch LOL :P

jvlin - don't worry, someone on the forum will have this wallet and will able to point you in the right direction. Enjoy your trip too!

Lol, fret not, friend! LVs do not come with a plastic authenticity card like Prada does. Also, you will not find any sort of red number stamp; Louis' have a date code somewhere on the inside. I can pretty much guarantee that you did not purchase a fake. Hope the gift is well received! :biggrin:

I also think it's highly unlikely you could get a fake at the LV boutique. The SAs keep a pretty close eye on the customers, from what I've heard - so no chance for someone to go in with a fake and switch it with a real one.

Status
Not open for further replies.