Please help :) (Her bag)

Mar 15, 2011
Hello ladies :smile: I have nothing hermes and is new to hermes and I found the Her Bag price being affordable to my student life and would love to purchases one. The problem is I have no information on the bag. Size, material, how to get in and out and any other info I should know regrading the bag. Please share all your knowledge of this bag I would greatly appreciate it!! :smile: and is the bag hard to buy like a waiting list? Pics and comments are welcome :smile: thank you so much!!

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
Hi there and welcome!
The Herbag material is canvas which is easy to maintain and clean via drycleaners. You just need to disassemble the bag.
I do find it quite versatile, but as a student you may find it cumbersome as the opening can be difficult to get things in and out of easily, it is similar to the opening of a Kelly, but far more troublesome to open. Really it's more about the look than functionality imo.
I would also suggest going up to the 39cm as 31cm will not hold very much. They are easily available in stores, I have never heard of a waitlist for a Herbag.

Mar 15, 2011
Hi there and welcome!
The Herbag material is canvas which is easy to maintain and clean via drycleaners. You just need to disassemble the bag.
I do find it quite versatile, but as a student you may find it cumbersome as the opening can be difficult to get things in and out of easily, it is similar to the opening of a Kelly, but far more troublesome to open. Really it's more about the look than functionality imo.
I would also suggest going up to the 39cm as 31cm will not hold very much. They are easily available in stores, I have never heard of a waitlist for a Herbag.
Thank you so much for your reply! What colours would you recommend?

Nico_79

Jan 10, 2013
Thank you so much for your reply! What colours would you recommend?
I would choose one that suits your wardrobe/style. I have the blue izmir with blue de prusse trim, I've also seen a rubis with contrast trim, recently a linen looking colour with bright yellow or green and a plum colour. You can check to see what is available in your local H and I would try them on just to see if you like it or not.

Mar 15, 2011
I would choose one that suits your wardrobe/style. I have the blue izmir with blue de prusse trim, I've also seen a rubis with contrast trim, recently a linen looking colour with bright yellow or green and a plum colour. You can check to see what is available in your local H and I would try them on just to see if you like it or not.

I just called my H store they have none in stock so I'll call back in 2 weeks hopefully they would have some in stock. Do you happen to know the price? Is it still 2500$? Thank you :smile:

Aug 24, 2012
Hello ladies :smile: I have nothing hermes and is new to hermes and I found the Her Bag price being affordable to my student life and would love to purchases one. The problem is I have no information on the bag. Size, material, how to get in and out and any other info I should know regrading the bag. Please share all your knowledge of this bag I would greatly appreciate it!! :smile: and is the bag hard to buy like a waiting list? Pics and comments are welcome :smile: thank you so much!!
Hi there! I have two Herbags in size 31cm and 39cm, so i hope i can give u some suggestions :smile:
IMO a size 39cm would be more suitable for a student - a 31cm can't even hold an A4 sized folder so you would have to carry ur textbooks, laptop etc in your hand! I agree with Nico that the opening is quite a pain in the neck and you'll find it even more difficult to open/close the bag when you're holding stuff in your hands!

For colour recommendation, I'd suggest darker colours. My herbags are in soufre and rose hortensia - when i use my soufre Herbag, i need to be extra careful as colour transfer can easily take place from my jeggings to the bag.

HTH!!;)

Mar 15, 2011
Hi there! I have two Herbags in size 31cm and 39cm, so i hope i can give u some suggestions :smile:
IMO a size 39cm would be more suitable for a student - a 31cm can't even hold an A4 sized folder so you would have to carry ur textbooks, laptop etc in your hand! I agree with Nico that the opening is quite a pain in the neck and you'll find it even more difficult to open/close the bag when you're holding stuff in your hands!

For colour recommendation, I'd suggest darker colours. My herbags are in soufre and rose hortensia - when i use my soufre Herbag, i need to be extra careful as colour transfer can easily take place from my jeggings to the bag.

HTH!!;)

Thank you for your input :smile: I don't think I would be using this bag for school, I use my lv neverfull for school because it's big and easy to get in and out. As for colour I was thinking orange? Do you think it's too much? If not black because I fee like the design of the her bag is very formal? So maybe black or orange? Which would you choose :smile: thx

archygirl

Dec 7, 2006
Thank you for your input :smile: I don't think I would be using this bag for school, I use my lv neverfull for school because it's big and easy to get in and out. As for colour I was thinking orange? Do you think it's too much? If not black because I fee like the design of the her bag is very formal? So maybe black or orange? Which would you choose :smile: thx

I have recently purchased the GM in black with black barenia leather and LOVE IT! The taller bag is big and fits a lot without being too overpowering, and I am 5'7" and weigh 128lbs. It is not easy to get in and out of, but still a great bag! Good luck!

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
if you get a preloved older model one it will come with 2 inserts as opposed to the new one which has a zipped pocket at the back (pretty useful for a cellphone tho) but only 1 insert.

i also suggest a dark color like rouge H (darker red) or navy blue