Please help Frye boot newbie

firstaid

O.G.
Dec 28, 2006
While browsing the Frye boot thread, I started to fall in love with the Frye Paige Riding tall boot but since the shaft measures 15" inches, I think it would ridiculous on me. I am 5 feet 4" and my lower leg (below knee) is basically 15 inches long. Should I give up on this boot? Any ladies my height or shorter have this boot and it looks good on you? Please help.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FRYE-WZ126_V1.jpg
    FRYE-WZ126_V1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 964
I am 5'3 and just bought the Dorado's which are 16" and they hit me right below the knee. I just measured my lower leg from under my heel.. flat footed it measures 16"..to right below my knee cap.
I think you might be fine with the 15" shaft.:flowers:

I don't yet..but will in the near future.:yes:
Have you seen scoobiemomma's new Paige's on the other Frye threads..Post #12
http://forum.purseblog.com/the-glas...ference-thread-post-your-pictures-640752.html
I think she's 5'6 if I'm not mistaken(sorry if I'm incorrect scoobie!) it looks like they come well below her knee in the pic.

Oh..there are modeling pics within my thread (Paiges/Madewell's) that were on a blog that are pretty good:smile:

Last edited:
Hi Firstaid,:flowers:
My wife is 5'0" and has a Pair of Frye Paige Huarache in Eccru
http://www.amazon.com/FRYE-Womens-P...O,B0013EQ21I,B003FZATGC,B001VNBB4Y,B001FWXY8M
and they look great on her! (They also are 15" but Frye always measures this from the arch so this means that they are more likely a 14" tall boot.) She also tried on a few different pairs Frye riding boots for KLJ when we were in Kansas City and they all also looked great on her!
I think you will be just fine with them!:tup::tup::tup:

klj, is right! I am 5'6" and I just bought my first pair of Frye's and they are Paige's. They hit well bellow the knee for me. I guess where the hit on you of course will all depend on the length of your lower leg, but given that there's only a 2" difference between the two of us, I can't imagine that they wouldn't be fine on you. Here's a couple of pics of me wearing mine:

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0601-1.jpg

HTH!:flowers:

Thanks everyone for the advice!! Scoobiesmomma, those boots look gorgeous on you. I am about to order a pair right now. You guys are a bunch of enablers.:biggrin:

Thank you firstaid!! Glad I could help!;) And yes, this forum can definitely put a hurting on your wallet in no time!! Please post your new boots when you get them!