Please help find a red clutch/crossbody!

betnyp

O.G.
Jul 24, 2006
Hello! As a go-to purse person (as most of you likely are too) a friend has given me the mission of finding him a red clutch to give his wife for Valentine's Day. She loves Coach, so I thought I would come right to the experts :smile:
He is thinking something similar to this MJ Single as far as looks and his budget is under $300. He is in the Baltimore area so I told him to check a Coach outlet store & also know he is willing to buy new on an auction site, but I'm not as educated on Coach authenticity as some of you. Thanks SO very much!

Attachments

• img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 296
Hello! As a go-to purse person (as most of you likely are too) a friend has given me the mission of finding him a red clutch to give his wife for Valentine's Day. She loves Coach, so I thought I would come right to the experts :smile:
He is thinking something similar to this MJ Single as far as looks and his budget is under $300. He is in the Baltimore area so I told him to check a Coach outlet store & also know he is willing to buy new on an auction site, but I'm not as educated on Coach authenticity as some of you. Thanks SO very much!

If he want Coach, I would recommend the penny because it can be used as a clutch or a crossbody. #19914 is $198 on Coach.com and comes in a carnelian red color.

The basket clutch is really cute too but I don't know if you will be able to find one in red since it is sold out in all colors except black.

If he want Coach, I would recommend the penny because it can be used as a clutch or a crossbody. #19914 is $198 on Coach.com and comes in a carnelian red color.

The basket clutch is really cute too but I don't know if you will be able to find one in red since it is sold out in all colors except black.

The carnelian pennys are on clearance sale at Dillard's for $59!

The coach outlet in the Baltimore area in Arundel Mills mall is hit or miss w/ items, but it's still worth a shot. There are full price boutiques in almost every mall around here too (Columbia. Towson...)
The first bag that came to mind was the black cherry legacy penny bag, bc it sort of meets the criteria u mentioned... but it's not perfect bc it's not a true crossbody as the strap is short (I'm 5'5" size 4 & it just hits my hip to be a crossbody. I'm thinking of returning mine bc of this). And as a clutch, it's a little awkward to hold.
I can't think of any other bags that are red, crossbody & a clutch... But if he's willing to get a non coach, I think Michael kors makes something like that.

Here's my vote. This one is just a crossbody but it's super cute, the Legacy Leather Mini Saddle bag in Carnelian. It hangs lower than most small crossbody bags and it's the most adorable little thing. Priced at $158, it's not crazy $$$ either.
mini saddle 2.png

Last edited:
That's a cute MJ bag!

He might find something at the outlet but I think it would be better to send him to a Coach boutique retail store because it is more of a sure thing. The outlet carries a lot of Made For Factory items that are less-expensive but a little less detailed and well-made than boutique items. Since he is not familar with Coach stock he might not select a great bag at the outlet.

Right now Coach is offering a Preferred Customer Event (PCE) 25% discount to selected members and many of the sales assistants will give it to customers that ask for it in the store. If not, the Coachies here on TPF will collaborate to get a 25% off discount code for him.

I went to www.coach.com and selected "Women" and "Handbags" and then applied a "Red" filter and a lot of choices came up, see the screenshot below.

Since he is looking for a clutch, I picked out 2 nice ones in different price ranges, see the screen shots below. My personal favorite is the 48561 silver and black cherry Legacy Archival Large Clutch, but the less expensive 48021 silver and carnellian Legacy Leather Large Clutch is also a nice choice! And there are other great red bags that the sales assistants will show to him at the boutique. If he wants a bag that also has a long strap, like the MJ bag, there are some very cute options!

Very nice of him to try and find a beautiful gift that his girlfriend will love for Valentine's Day. She will think of him whenever she carries it!

Attachments

• RedBags001.jpg
    RedBags001.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 214
  • LegArchiveBCclutch.jpg
    LegArchiveBCclutch.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 216
  • LegLargeClutch.jpg
    LegLargeClutch.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 215
Last edited: