Please help...dye transfer on Burberry bag!!!

I just purchased a preloved nova check tote and found the same problem. Ive been using alcohol pads to clean any dye transfer as soon as I see them. I dont like that this bag is really high maintenance. And about the hairspray, do you use it on a clean bag to prevent transfer??

Have you tried using non oil-based eye make up remover?

My nova check medium tote has unfortunately gotten the dye transfer from my black cardigan too. I left my bag alone for 2 weeks until I came across a thread in Purse Forum that there are members who said Dior Eye Make up Remover or Chanel Eye Make Up Remover help in lightening the dye transfer gradually.

I used Loreal gentle eye make up remover and pour a little onto a facial pad cotton and gently buff the stained area in circular motion and I could see the stain on the facial pad cotton. It will not remove the stain instantly, however it does make the stain lightens and far less obvious. I still have only a bit of dye transfer left and I'm going to try using it again :smile:

Hope this helps.

Have you tried using non oil-based eye make up remover?

My nova check medium tote has unfortunately gotten the dye transfer from my black cardigan too. I left my bag alone for 2 weeks until I came across a thread in Purse Forum that there are members who said Dior Eye Make up Remover or Chanel Eye Make Up Remover help in lightening the dye transfer gradually.

I used Loreal gentle eye make up remover and pour a little onto a facial pad cotton and gently buff the stained area in circular motion and I could see the stain on the facial pad cotton. It will not remove the stain instantly, however it does make the stain lightens and far less obvious. I still have only a bit of dye transfer left and I'm going to try using it again :smile:

Hope this helps.
The make-up remover works very well at removing light stains from dye transfer. Such a wonderful idea. TY

GET YOUR MONEY BACK! It's absolutely not a dye transfer from jeans or clothing that is dis coloring the Nova check Burberry's. It's something within the darkest dye on the check that bleeds within the bag. It ends up looking like it rubbed against denim! I think its from body heat. Humid climates cause it too! I've been through 3 of them. I have argued and taken every single one of them back! Notice when you wipe the bag the dye doesn't come off on your hand or the towel you are using. My last one just did this in Jamaica while we were on vacation! I didn't wear denim or black clothing once on our trip. I wore mostly white and hot pink! This one bled the worst of all and I think it was due to the humidity! Good luck girls! DO NOT back down! Insist on an exchange of the purse or just get your money back!

I have bags in Louis Vitton, Coach, Kate Spade, Brighton, Michael Kors, Tory Birch and other styles of Burberry and have never experienced a problem like I have experienced with the Nova Check! It put me in a panic every time it happened because the purses are so expensive! But, I did have luck in returning them. Do not give up when returning them.it is not a dye transfer!!!!! It's from humidity or body heat that makes the darkest of the checks bleed within the purse! Notice you can't rub it off on a white towel or on to your hand or skin!

My sis had jeans dye onto her novo bag, I used the Bally lotion $20 aud and apply onto a micro towel. Clean with circular motion and it removed completely. Just like brand new! However if its old marks then it wouldn't removed completely.

I just got a Haymarker check clutch bag and use it only few times. Last time I wore it with dark jeans and got some blue stains. I used pencil eraser - yellow pencil PENTECH NO.2 and all blue stains came off.:smile: Was using carefully not to rub it too hard. Worked good for me

Jeans and Pen are the most impossible to be removed from the coated canvas bag.

But as I know from the bag laundry expert, if the bag got transfer less than 8hrs there is still a chance to clean it. So please bring your bag immediately when u realized that your back is got transfer or stain.

another tips is you can use cololite, please don't use alcohol. Use it with a small amount. and rub it softly.

another tips again, and i think this is the safest tips is clean the stain with eraser.

hope this helpful

Cheers
SL

I came across this thread because my bag is almost black! (I guess from jeans, and the bag itself) It's so unappealing!!
So after reading through everyone's posts, I tried baby wipes, rubbing alcohol (I know it's a no-no, but I'm desperate), mild soap and toothbrush, mr clean magic erasers, and just water by itself.

But nothing worked !! :sad:

I used amodex, but be patient, I let it soak everyday for a substantial amount of time and gently rub it with wet towel. It got pen ink. It was successful affter several days. I got the haymarket check tote though.