Please help! Dooney Florentine Satchel quality issues... :(

UNEXPECTEDLY, I received my two repaired florentine satchels (red & strawberry) today. I did not receive any tracking number or updates that it was repaired, so I was not aware that they were on its way back to Canada. But nonetheless, I am over the moon right now :love:.

The whole process took approx. 7 weeks. I had to email and call Dooney customer service several times to receive answers to repair-related questions before I officially initiated the return. Sometimes I had to re-send my emails because they did not respond back (after waiting for a week and a half). I would say the communication that took place prior to the return, took longer than the time it took to repair and return the bags back to me. But I don't mind the back and forth correspondence, I prefer having answers to my concerns rather than not knowing.

Although I am still waiting for the cheque from Dooney for the shipping I paid to send the bags for repair, I am very happy with the results and glad it turned out great. Now I could happily carry and enjoy my florentine satchels, without the upsetting feeling of money wasted (on defective bags). I am glad Dooney stood behind their warranty, and covers the return shipping (in my case, a non-US customer) to fix the manufacturing defect in their O-rings.

IMG_3742.JPG IMG_3743.JPG IMG_3745.JPG

UNEXPECTEDLY, I received my two repaired florentine satchels (red & strawberry) today. I did not receive any tracking number or updates that it was repaired, so I was not aware that they were on its way back to Canada. But nonetheless, I am over the moon right now :love:.

The whole process took approx. 7 weeks. I had to email and call Dooney customer service several times to receive answers to repair-related questions before I officially initiated the return. Sometimes I had to re-send my emails because they did not respond back (after waiting for a week and a half). I would say the communication that took place prior to the return, took longer than the time it took to repair and return the bags back to me. But I don't mind the back and forth correspondence, I prefer having answers to my concerns rather than not knowing.

Although I am still waiting for the cheque from Dooney for the shipping I paid to send the bags for repair, I am very happy with the results and glad it turned out great. Now I could happily carry and enjoy my florentine satchels, without the upsetting feeling of money wasted (on defective bags). I am glad Dooney stood behind their warranty, and covers the return shipping (in my case, a non-US customer) to fix the manufacturing defect in their O-rings.

View attachment 3456764 View attachment 3456765 View attachment 3456766
They look beautiful! Gorgeous! So glad it worked out for you. I think we need to see those bags again in all their glory...just to finish out your story with a bang!

They look beautiful! Gorgeous! So glad it worked out for you. I think we need to see those bags again in all their glory...just to finish out your story with a bang!

Thank you YD! I called Dooney CS just now to confirm that the shipping reimbursement cheque was mailed on the 30th, so it should be all good. I couldn't be happier that everything worked out!

Haha, great suggestion! Here are the glamour shots. BANG! :biggrin:

red.jpg strawberry.jpg twins.jpg

Glad all is good! Gorgeous bags!!

I haven’t come across this issue (knock wood) but I was just wondering if clear fingernail polish would prevent this. Whenever I purchased a cheap bag in my young broke days I would paint all the metal parts with clear polish and it stayed just like new. Tho that SHOULD NOT be needed at Dooney’s prices, still if it prevents tarnish issues down the road....

What do y’all think?

Glad all is good! Gorgeous bags!!

I haven’t come across this issue (knock wood) but I was just wondering if clear fingernail polish would prevent this. Whenever I purchased a cheap bag in my young broke days I would paint all the metal parts with clear polish and it stayed just like new. Tho that SHOULD NOT be needed at Dooney’s prices, still if it prevents tarnish issues down the road....

What do y’all think?
I wouldn't paint the hardware. Over time, I think peeling and chipping of the polish would make the bag look worse. I haven't had tarnish problems on any Dooney hardware. But I would think that it's better to rub down the hardware with a clean cloth every once in a while to prevent any tarnish build up, rather than dealing with a chipped coating that you applied. Dooney does say the hardware is treated to prevent tarnishing.

I wouldn't paint the hardware. Over time, I think peeling and chipping of the polish would make the bag look worse. I haven't had tarnish problems on any Dooney hardware. But I would think that it's better to rub down the hardware with a clean cloth every once in a while to prevent any tarnish build up, rather than dealing with a chipped coating that you applied. Dooney does say the hardware is treated to prevent tarnishing.
True, Dooney states they treat the hardware to prevent tarnish. I do wonder how they treat it, since customers are having issues.
I must say in regard to putting clear nail polish on hardware, I never had any chip or peel. Some of those bags I purchased and painted the hardware on were cheap bags and some were Rocky Mountain Leather bags (not really cheap even back in the day) which I kept for years & years. I never had any hardware tarnish, nor did the polish peel or chip.
Anyway, just a thought. ;)