Please help!! Does Chanel sell something to keep structure in the bag?

Chanel4Eva

O.G.
Feb 10, 2010
I just bought the soft lambskin camera bag but it has no structure once you take the tissue paper out of it. Does Chanel have something that I can use to keep the bag's structure besides tissue paper? Any other ideas how to?
It's such a shame bc I love this bag!
I attached a picture of the bag. This is with the tissue paper in it.

Attachments

Chanel4Eva

O.G.
Feb 10, 2010
The purseket sounds like a good idea, but it's only 5" tall. The purse has an 8" height. I wonder if it'll work? Doesn't hurt to try. Thank you for the suggestion! :smile:

akillian24

Flap Happy
Aug 16, 2008
Gorgeous Bag!!! Do you mind me asking the style/name?

This is definitely not the answer you're looking for, but since I never have enough to fill out larger bags, I buy matching bath towels, roll them up and put them in the bottom of my bag to give it a fuller look. It's horribly embarrassing to admit, but until I figure out what else to put in my bags besides a wallet, cell phone and lip gloss - that's my dirty secret.

PS- Me never having enough to fill out bags is how I came to find & fall in love with Chanel. A perfect shape when it's nearly empty!

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Try to use a larger wallet, and store things in a large cosmetic case instead of having little things lying around in your purse. I have the same bag and unfortunately the bag is meant to be a soft, saggy hobo bag. After all the bag's name is Ultimate Soft...If the bag is full enough it keeps its structure quite well.

Chanel4Eva

O.G.
Feb 10, 2010
I'm not sure of the style number, but I know its called camera bag made of soft lambskin. I got it on ebay. The picture doesn't do the bag justice! It looks even more gorgeous IRL! I will post modeling pictures soon! It looks full and plush with the tissue paper in it. Without the tissue paper the sides collapse inward. The towel idea sounds like a great idea as well.

Chanel4Eva

O.G.
Feb 10, 2010
Just saw your post karman. Thank you. I'll try to add more things to it. I usually just have a wallet and brush in my purse. Definitely not enough for this bag.

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
The purseket sounds like a good idea, but it's only 5" tall. The purse has an 8" height. I wonder if it'll work? Doesn't hurt to try. Thank you for the suggestion! :smile:

It should still work as it is just a holder for your other items that may be higher/longer than 5". Like karman says, you really don't want the bag to be too structured as it is not what it is designed for. Some slouchy is fine especially for a hobo-style bag.

tonkamama

obsess with handbags
O.G.
Jul 20, 2010
In my closet

Let me enlarge the photo...

Lovely handbag... isn't this style suppose to be soft, saggy a little...? Try to use a larger / long wallet to keep the bottom of the bag stay in place.