Please Help...Does anyone own a Cream Marc Jacobs Stam

barbiegirl

Mar 23, 2006
Hello, I'm new to this forum, but heard that everyone here is really knowledgeable. I need some help. I have a stam on hold and I'm not sure if I should buy it. If anyone owns this bag can you tell me if you like it. Are you bored with it yet? If you have cream has it gotten dirty already? I can picture myself putting the stam in my cart at the grocery store and getting it all dirty. On the other hand...the color is DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not sure if I should look for a darker color like black instead. Please Help!!!!!

I'm debating the same issue with a chalk Elise satchel--don't want a bag that will get dirty in a flash. Is the Stam patent or regular leather? The patent seems like it will be a little more forgiving due to the coating. Still, I probably would use the chain strap to carry the bag while grocery shopping. Those carts can be pretty dirty!

By the way, if you are thinking of going with black, I've heard that MJ NY and LA just got a shipment of black Stams, so you may want to give them a call and see if they still have some...

I would never put down an expensive handbag on a grocery cart. My friend did that and a purse snatcher grabbed it right off her cart and took off.

I don't have a Stam but I think the cream color is gorgeous. I think you should get it and just be really careful where you place it down.

Well if it's the patent it won't get as dirty as the smooth leather. You could treat it really well and spray it down with a lot of applegarde. That might do it!

Plum interior? are you sure it's not burgundy?

applegarde is a protectant spray for leather that doesnt contain silicones and things that can hurt the leather. It's great!!

leatherstuff.com sells it! the conditioner is greaet too!

Thanks Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bought it yesterday and I'm so in love:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:. It is more beautiful than I remembered and the color is TO DIE FOR. I can't stop looking at it and sashaying around my living room. I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how to use my digital camera :shame:.

Greenie-Thanks for the info. You were right-the interior is burgungy:shame: and I'll be purchasing applegarde ASAP from leatherstuff.com. Don't want my new baby getting dirty:mad:!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your advice. Here are my amateur :shame: pics of my stam!!!:love: :love: :love:

Attachments

• MJ1.jpg
    MJ1.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 2,482
  • MJ2.jpg
    MJ2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 452
  • MJ3.jpg
    MJ3.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 471
  • MJ4.jpg
    MJ4.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 544
i've never seen the cream, isn't it fun to look at pic's. It's the little things in life that make me happy. Have you guys seen the bronze. It
is to die for...I'm still deciding on the bowler lrg in bronze or the stam...I'm leaning towards the bowler.