Please help!! Decisions...decisions!!!

nyfashion212

Jun 10, 2009
Hey everyone!

I could really use your help.
Here is my situation.

I recently realized that I don't own a Vuitton bag; and that's a problem for me. I do like the the brand but the only bag that I can recall falling in LOVE with by Vuitton in the past years is the XL Mahina. When it first came out; I wanted the bag so much until I realized it was roughly $4500usd. Now, I do own a 40cm Birkin so the price wasn't the issue; it was more about trying to justify a $4500 Vuitton purchase for a bag that to be honest; wouldn't replace my Birkin.

Anywho, fast forward a few years and now I am having the hardest time deciding between 2 bags. I recently started to enjoy the Neverfull GM as I have seen it around quite a bit and have watched a ton of videos on it. I originally was planning to get it in Damier Ebene and that's still an option but I sort of have become obsessed with the idea of getting it in the mon monogram with my initials. I am ironically not a fan a monogram prints...I actually hate them but for some reason, I am find with the mon monogram due to the customization factor of it. So that's my first option...now my 2nd option is rather intense...I mean....REALLY intense but it could work for me. What I am looking to do is get a Monogram Speedy 40 and totally have it SPIKED out with gold spikes. I recently seen a bag similar to this on the forum and I thought it was cool.

So I am basically trying to decide between the 2. Just FYI, I have not seen myself with the Speedy 40 yet but because I AM A GUY...if I think the style is just too small for me; I may jump to the Keepall 45 with the same spike customization.

Just a little about me, I am young...24. Pretty much only wear black/white. Sort of almost uniform-like. Black skinny, white shirt, slipper, blazer, etc. I say that to say..I can certainly handle a flashy bag because everything else is so understated. I am just having the hardest time deciding. I will probably end up using the neverfull more as it just generally is an "easier" more convenient bag, but something about the spikes is calling my name.

I would love your opinions on this. Also another option would be to get the 40 Mon Monogram Speedy STILL WITH THE SPIKES....but then go with the Damier Ebene Neverfull GM.

Sorry for the long post everyone!!
P.S - The attached bag is the one I found on here but if I went this route, I am thinking much COOLER spikes and better placement. Just an overall better job on the crafsmanship.

x

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-18 at 2.19.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-18 at 2.19.52 AM.png
    414.9 KB · Views: 108
Ok, I'm just putting this out there, are the spikes spikey and will they poke and hurt you when you carry it ?
I'm NOT a spiky type of gal with my preppy/ classic style of dressing .
If YOU are a spiky type person and it fits who you are and you can afford it and love it ,go for it.
I'd chose a mon mono Neverfull or a ebene Neverfull bc they are a more classic style for me !! ( that's just my taste !)
Good luck with your decision and keep us posted !

Ok, I'm just putting this out there, are the spikes spikey and will they poke and hurt you when you carry it ?
I'm NOT a spiky type of gal with my preppy/ classic style of dressing .
If YOU are a spiky type person and it fits who you are and you can afford it and love it ,go for it.
I'd chose a mon mono Neverfull or a ebene Neverfull bc they are a more classic style for me !! ( that's just my taste !)
Good luck with your decision and keep us posted !

No it won't hurt. It will have a lot to do with the placement of the spikes. Did you see Gaga's spiked Birkin? (See attached)

OMG this is such a hard decision. I understand what you are saying but I can't really imagine myself wanting to carry either of these bags for a life time. They are both relatively inexpensive so thats why I want to do something a bit more..."exciting". I find the mon monogram really exciting and personal and of course I find the idea of going to purchase a bag just to go have it destroyed with spikes exciting! :smile:

My rational brain completely understands that I will probably wear the mon monogram neverfull more than the spikes and that's what's making the decision so difficult.

Attachments

• lady-gaga-and-her-spike-studded-birkin-1.jpeg
    lady-gaga-and-her-spike-studded-birkin-1.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 100
I don't like the spiked speedy either. It's too trendy. Yes, its very fashionable and young. But, do you think you'll still love it as you get older and your style matures more? I think the bag is too punk/rock for my taste. I would personally do the mon mono speedy 40.